how to treat gastritis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello.

I'm new to this forum. I'm a 32 yr old male and I've had gastritis for 3 months now. 2 months back I had an upper scope (EGD) performed that showed gastritis and biopsies were negative for h. Pylori. Well just last week I had another upper scope done. Still waiting on biopsy but the Dr did say the gastritis has gotten much worse. I've been taking prilosec 40mg, carafate (liquid) and pepcid for my symptoms and to help heal the gastritis but its not helped much. I've also been on a very strict bland diet as recommend. I've had ct scan, stool samples, blood work, stress test, EKG's, and urine samples that were all ok. My gastritis causes me nausea, dizziness, head fog, burning in the upper abdomen and chest and a lump feeling in the throat. My biggest question is why are the drugs I'm taking not helping much? Could I possibly have bile reflux since the ppi isn't working? Also anyone know any soothing remidies or foods for gastritis? Any replies much appreciated. Thanks!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi the best way to treat gastritis is by definetly finding out the cause. What's inflaming your stomach and why? It could be bile or not. You need to find out exactly what's causing your stomach to be inflamed and do the appropriate treatment. Some natural things can temporarily help with the pain. I found beetroot a good one. All foods with anti inflammatory properties such as berries. Chamomile tea. Hope you find some answers soon. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.