How vagina feels after 3 weeks posterior repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I'm 3 weeks after posterior repair and I feel like I have 'stuff' in my vagina. Like when a tampax becomes dislodged, or as of there are a couple of tampons in there. Is it normal? Is it the stitches maybe? Can people feel there stitches... meaning close their eyes and feel them? I can feel something inside. Like bits of packing... please share. I'm scared but want to know if it's a normal sensation.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's normal Hana, it's the swelling, and the stitches loosening off a bit, it makes everything drop down a bit. Keep taking it easy, it's early days yet.

• Posted

Thanks Laura. It's a comfort to hear it's normal. I also am worried that my urethral sponge is visible. When I look in the mirror I can see it below my urethra. It looks like a cherry size brain. Has anyone experienced this???

• Posted

I had that exact thing and apparently it's completely normal. Excellent description. I think we are just so used to seeing it not look normal! I am now 6 months post op and feeling great but it probably took me 10-12 weeks to feel normal. Just take it really easy. It's worth it in the end.

• Posted

Oh wow. I could float in so happy to hear it's normal and worth it. Thanks so much for your reply Jobobo and of course Laura previously.

• Posted

I'm - not in!

• Posted

Hi Laura. Sorry to bother you. When you said it's normal to feel 'packed' due to swelling and stitches etc. At what stage do you think I should expect to feel like everything is normal? I.e. Feel nothing?

• Posted

Hi jobobo

Did you feel like you had 'things in your vagina for a while then? Like I described I feel like there's a dislodged tampon or little masses... and if yes how long until you felt nothing? Thanks

• Posted

Hate to say it, but it takes months to feel normal. up to a year. You've had major surgery and you can't rush recovery. Have a look at the pinned post at the top of the page. Look at the South Tees info. It gives you a good idea what to expect.

• Posted

Thanks Laura. I don't mind waiting as long as it's normal!

• Posted

Hiya! Sorry to jump on your post, I'm so glad I've found this recent thread.

I had my op 3 and a half weeks ago and have been really worrying that I can still see stuff (inside) and it appears worse than before.

Could anyone please tell me how far after surgery they started seeing a difference? Im having the same pain/discomforts as commented above but I'm mainly concerned about what I can see sad

I was booked in for a vaginal prolapse but ended up having both a front and back done.

• Posted

I am going to see the consultant tomorrow and am VERY anxious reading all the comments. How long did it take before you went for the surgery? My GP seems to think that it's certain I will have to have an op.

• Posted

Hi Carole,

From the initial appointment with the nurse it's taken 2 years! I tried physio first and then referred to the gynecologist, that was in September last year. I had my pre op assessment in May and then op in July. I hope everything went ok with your GP :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.