How was ‘your ‘ day ?

Posted , 21 users are following.

I always wonder what other ladies are doing ? How their day went ? If it was good bad or just plain terrible . 

How you are coping ? How many months or years has it been really really awful ? And I mean restricting your life your job your mind .... 

2 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lori...10 months no pediod. Today was so bad that I needed a depens to get through it. EVERY time I ate, I had AWFUL diarrhea. SO tired of this. Peri has had me a mess since 2013 or so. Cloudy head, dizzy and barely able to drive. Had to quit a PT job recently, after 20 plus years as a government servant. Was always the bread winner in my family. Supported my son, etc. WOW! So NOT the woman I was. 😕 It's all I can do to get through the day sometimes. I hear you! It's not always this bad. But my tiny house is in disseray. I feel like I'm dying.

• Posted

Oh Nancy I hear you loud and clear this is no way to live . Have you tried BHRT ? I didn’t really like it but it works for most women . I’m just sensitive to meds and felt ‘weird’ on it like I was on drugs. 

I had an AWFUL day too so you are not alone ... all I do all day is wish the hours away until I can go to bed with my 10 things to make me ‘knocked out’ . The symptoms are bad enough but the stress of this too.... you can never relax . They say you just have to get used to it and adjust but no human should have to adjust to a life like this ! 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad day. And you are certainly not alone! I've yet to try bhrt. My gyno of 20+ years prescribed Provera a month ago at my yearly check up due to a thicker than normal lining. I'm just waiting until the 1 year mark with no period at this point. Hoping to get through this "naturally" What kind of hell this has been is to say the least unbearable! I SO agree with you. Why God would do this to us is beyond me. Here's hoping that today is better for all of us! Hang in there. X

• Posted

Hi Nancy, I’m the same.  I used to drive to work, 3 hrs roundtrip, dropping my kids off at daycare etc. I got laid off from that job back in 2009.  Then, I took a weekend course drove 8hrs per weekend to learn a new skill... Opened up my own home business, was doing fine.  Just had to stop last Dec.  I can’t even stand up straight with the dizziness and no stamina.  My son is starting a new school soon in the city, there’s no transportation because we live outside the city.  My husband was supposed to handle tbe driving, but just told me he can’t!  School is a couple of weeks away!  I’m in panic mode! I’m trying to hire someone to take him...it’s awful...I can’t even drive an hour now!  We certainly do not deserve this!
    • Posted

I used to keep a spotless house. Now I keep it picked up to give it the illusion of cleanliness because it's for sale.

• Posted

I feel for you on the driving part.  For years I took the kids to school and the last couple were extremely tough with being tired often.  Some of the other mothers did help which I gave them gift cards (they wouldn't except $$) because I was very thankful for them especially in the money!!   This year they are FINALLY on a bus so I'm so relieved!!  : ) 

• Posted

Yes I see my friends my age driving all over the place miles and miles .... I can barely do 2 miles . I guess we are all different but it just seems weird that all my friends are just living a full life ... maybe it hasn’t hit them yet ? I don’t wish ‘this’ on anybody but when you feel like you’re the only one going through this.... thank God we have this forum 🙏🏻 And all the lovely ladies on here . 

• Posted

Hi Lou. Hope today is going better for you. Got out of bed at 1:30 today. 😕 I was laid off in 2009 also. Thought THAT was the end of the world. Peri started soon after, but I thought I was just depressed. Right now I'm freaking out about driving to the store for cat food and the groceries we really need. I hope you find someone to drive your son. I get so anxious that I sweat AWFUL and my heart races. My son will be 17 this year, and should already have a license. I'm too anxious to ride with him, so he's not getting the practice he needs. Prayers that we will return to our old selves again. XX

• Posted

I’m the same Nancy woke up at 8 stayed in bed until 11.30 then dragged myself up and managed to clean the house a bit ... now back on the bed . OMG this is so tough and yes the panic anxiety .... the BHRT does help with that if you are not on it . I find I’m not so panicky but still have the depression low mood and lethargy . 
    • Posted

Thanks Nancy, I hope your day goes well too!  If all else fails, I’ll probably take my son, I’ll sleep in my car for the 6 hours...whatever it takes I guess!  😉

• Posted

Hope you feel better Lori. You ladies have been such a help! Thought it was a nervous breakdown. I have found comfort in the fact that this is something we're all going through. My gyno and gp aren't much help. I am trying to find a ND without much luck. And today just don't have the strength. Hope you have a good day. Hugs!?

• Posted

You bet Lou! SO feel your pain. We've come THIS far. There HAS to be a light at the end of this tunnel. 🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

I hear ya Nancy .... I had to make one yes one ! phone call today and just couldn’t be bothered talking . I thought too was having a breakdown .... each day I say tomorrow will get that done and it’s not happening . 
  • Posted

Lori I completely understand!

I was almost suicidal a year ago during peri at 41! I have a highly demanding career and it was the first time in my whole life that I was thinking to give it up.

The only thing that helps me is replacing estrogen with hrt. I am on it a year now and it works ok, touch wood.

My basic concern is about my health and aging. I do strongly feel that our body cannot survive for long without our hormones. My life is good enough and I try to avoid toxic people and stressful conditions. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.