How was ‘your ‘ day ?

Posted , 21 users are following.

I always wonder what other ladies are doing ? How their day went ? If it was good bad or just plain terrible . 

How you are coping ? How many months or years has it been really really awful ? And I mean restricting your life your job your mind .... 

2 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Within seconds of waking from a very broken sleep the anxiety punched me in the guts (every morning wake up call)

Spend the day with clenched jaw, tiredness, anxiety, shakes, internal vibrations, dizziness, thumping heart. Forced myself to make dinner for the family(dishes and pots still lying on worktop this morning)

Woke up this morning and repeat as above!

11 months with no period, 2 years of hell with not even a pin prick of light at the end of this tunnel........hanging in thereby with the skin of my broken jaw clenching teeth! Can only get better SURELY!!! Because it can't get any worse :D

• Posted

always wake up with aching shoulder sweating super tierd and have to drag myself out of bed. today got up swollen hands and feet shoulder elbow and thumb hurts like i have athritis or somthing. cleaned up but still tierd had my patches uped to 75 from 50 but hasnt helped. spotting light every so often.im 49 and i think i started perimeno early 40s as i started to have longer periods then. but i think there was signs at around 38 of changes starting but i got pregnant with twins so i think it stoped then after having them things were a bit different and started with more symptoms as years past.

i was out of a job for a good wile as i had a tumor a few years back behind my ear drum and just felt rubish, im an artist so i went off doing anything to tierd and down. then i had a chance of a job in the spring but couldnt go to interveiw because i was flooding so bad i couldnt leave house so i had to cancel it i was so upset as it was on,y over road and it was nights and good money so just felt bad about that. being like this is horrible as im always tierd always sweati g always out of breath i feel like i cant work.. some people just sale through meno but its not good for those who dont.

• Posted

Hello Lori,

Had an awful day.  Pain in the upper abdomen where my ribs come together that radiates to my back between my shoulder blades. Awful nausea.  It feels like an ulcer, but I was taking Omeprazole.  Of course I had been taking it with food instead of half hour before.  I have been taking it now properly for about 3 weeks.  Still having symptoms.  So tired of feeling like crap. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks in advance for your response. 

Sue

• Posted

Hi Lori bad day supposed to go to a funeral no way could I get up my anxiety bad so didn't go.

Depressed no energy everything an effort nothing to look forward to but this memo. If it is that I do wonder.

Up and down symptoms feel well weird like most of us do ....Wishcould have answers for us xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Lori

Had a better day today thank God so was able to walk a bit further with my dog, for the last few weeks could only manage my local park as been on my period so had nervousness/anxiousness week b4 it then daily headaches, tired, itching awful, painful lower back, ankles, fingers and thumbs, wanting to wee more at night. I've felt like I'm 80 past few weeks and walk like a robot when first get up as so stiff. Today still had headache and aches/stiffness in morning but not as bad but wondering if the Tibolone is making it worse.

• Posted

Hi Sarah 

Glad you had a better day was was able to get out . I managed to get out of bed and clean the house a bit but what used to be no problem is now such a big deal !

What is tibalone? 

• Posted

It's hrt ,it's got mostly progesterone, bit of estrogen and bit of testosterone but I don't really feel any different on it after 6 weeks.

• Posted

Hi Lori,

Today started out well, them i was hit with this huge anxiety attack and felt like i was going to lose control and hurt myself (its my weird ocd thing) and panicked and had to run to bathroom at work to cry. I feel better now, but once you get THAT worked up, it takes time to calm down. Work is slow and steady (I work at a bank) and its pretty quiet. Cant focus to save my life, so studying has come to a halt. Later i have to take my kids to church and then to my stepmoms for dinner. How is your day going? What are your plans?

• Posted

Well you’re doing much more than me ! Currently lay on the bed and having a HARD day today ... feel drugged ! Can’t seem to wake up had coffee vitamins green juice .. nothing working agh!!!

Can’t wait for all of this to be over or at least get a bit better . I literally can’t move ! And yes I’ve had those intrusive thoughts they’re awful that was 11 years ago and had no clue what was happening . I’m more experienced now and realize it’s all hormones so try to ignore it. The fact you can go to work dinner etc. is a big deal ! 

• Posted

It's the roller coaster of feeing "better" (not 100% myself - but better) for about 3 or 4 days and then feeling awful again.I have been like this off and on with this stuff since April. My hormones are all over the place - been charting all of it to try and gain some control!

Had my period from age 13 - 45 - always the same length, flow, and every 28 days.

2014 - 2017: Chin hair, vaginal dryness, thinning hair all over body, flow is changing - days in between cycles are changing - have good months and bad months of energy - noticing fatigue for the first time. 

Starting to get rough: 2017 it all started changing; but at that point it was still just the change in my periods along with above symptoms- I did notice I was going to bed a lot earlier - didn't have the gumption I used to - kind of apathetic towards things but it didn't seem to change enough that I noticed it or others noticed it. In my mind I was like - okay - this is what my mom told me...my periods will come to an end with some hot flashes and then boom - I'm done!

Still a little rough: Jan 2018 - March 2018 - heavy periods - HEAVY. More tired than usual. Got all my blood work done - all vitamin levels checked etc! Thyroid etc. 

AWFUL STARTS: April 2018 - current - started with A LOT of physical symptoms - chin hair, acne (haven't had since teen years), muscle aches, joint pain, anxiety, low mood, weepy over NOTHING, adrenaline rushes (didn't even now what that was), internal shakes week before period - on and on and on. This is all NEW.

Today: Marks the longest I have gone without a period = 35 days. It's been every 26, 17, 21 etc etc...never this long in between. 

I go back and forth in my mind - this CANNOT be Menopause - it HAS to be something horrible - something is wrong. The days of feeling emotionally "weak"  and fragile...intensifies ANY symptom I have. This health anxiety is NEW at 49 - where did this come from? It kicked in back in April. 

I come to this forum for support every single day - I don't always Post because I read others' posts and go, yep - check - yep - me, too - etc etc. So I would just be writing the exact same thing, LOL! I'm weary. I am going to have to do BHRT or something. I haven't decided what my cut off date is of -" time to start trying things"...'cuz it's not getting any better. I get my result on a Saliva Test this week - I realize the results can change daily but maybe it will give me some idea. 

Coping: Doing what is necessary. I have a wonderful husband and children. I do the very basics just to get through each day. I can have 4-5 great days - and then it's coping again. Putting on a facade. My house looks nothing like it did prior to April. I don't have the mental energy to do it right now. 

You all give me strength! This is a great forum where we can be honest and talk about this transitional nightmare!

• Posted

Hi finny, thanks so much for sharing your period patterns.  The last few months, mine have been very close together, every 21 days, light and only lasting 2-3 days...but my symptoms have been horrible!  It doesn’t matter your age when it comes for you...I’m only 41. 😩

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.