How we can know we have heart problem or it anxeity

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.....i have heart problem. I need your guidance. Thank you all in advance. The symptoms of heart problem and anxeity are same. Like pain in chest, breathless etc. How we can know i have heart problem or its just anxeity. I am very afraid and worry please guide me.thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Go to a cardiologist so  the doctor can easily identify the health of heart with EKG. In case of Stable Angina (  pain around chest, shoulders, lower back and arms ) after walking 100 metrs or 200 meters is sign of stable angina. ie, heart is deprived of blood which   is clear sign of that  arteries are blocked. But, in case of unstable angina no pain or breathless etc will be there even after excretion and only a qualified cardiologist can confirm whether it is CAD or just anxiety.

• Posted

I walk 2 kilometer eaisly. But after walk when i do rest my heart going to sinking. Its feel my heart is so weak. What do you say about this situation.
  • Posted

Dear Humanity17013

I am not a doctor but suffering from stable angina and under medication. So, all you can do is go to a cardiologist and get all possible tests done for to know the exact reasons for your problems. Take care, get well soon. Bye

• Posted

Dr did my ecg and echo that are notmal. They did my citi angio 4 and a half year ago that was also normal. Do you think these are enough tests to diagonised my problem?
  • Posted

Hi,

?I was a long term sufferer from panic/anxiety attacks, in fact 26 years worth of the dreaded things. Heart problems and anxiety are not the same, I have had this argument with some medicos years ago, panic attacks are always uncomfortable and never hurt, any kind of angina or heart problems hurt like hell.

?I was originally diagnosed with small blood vessels in the heart going into spasms, over the years this diagnosis  was changed to Prinzmetal Angina ( Coronary Artery spasms )  they hurt like hell, as if you are having a heart attack and you get really short of breath, I've had 2 heart attacks because of this and all before the age of 50. this type of angina and a couple of others are hard to diagnose, the other types are cardiac syndrome X. MVD  and the prinzmetal angina, these are the hard ones to diagnose and treat efficiently.

?Your body will know the difference as there is a  difference between an uncomfortable chest from anxiety to moderate to severe pain from any type of angina or heart attack. My first heart attack wasn't picked up on an ECG it was picked up by the troponin blood test, troponin is a heart specific enzyme which is released when the heart is being damaged or in some cases an angina attack. the ones that aren't picked up on an ECG are called NSTEMI's, although not as severe as a STEMI, ( one that is picked up by an ECG ) they can still be dangerous.

• Posted

Those rarer types of angina that I have mentioned, everything will come back normal, ECG, Angiogram, blood tests, heart echo's and stress tests, there maybe times where they might pick up on a sign of one of these types of angina, but rarely, if your heart is , how can I put it, defective in a way, say like you're unfortunate enough to have a hereditary heart condition, like valves, chambers, etc etc well then yes all of the above tests will pick those kind of things up, sufferers of the above types of angina also have excellent coronary arteries, so no CAD, initially no CAD (Coronary artery disease) I should say, I now also have mild heart disease, I have apparently an extremely weird lipid profile which is contributing to both the coronary artery spasms and the CAD.

• Posted

Thanks sir you give me guidance in detail.

Sir i am taking treatment by one of the best cardiologist of my country. 3 year ago dr did my EPS( electro physalogy study) of my heart for reduce my heart beat. Now i have main peoblem is heart sinking and chest uncomfortable. Dr said i have no heart problem i just have anxiety. But i dont believes on them. I say i have anxiety. My citi angio . Echo. Ecg and blood tests are normal. But stress test i can not complete. I only run on treadmil by 4 miles per hour for 9 minitue. But cardiologists are not taking me serious. I discuss with people on this matter they said i have to believe on doctors. I changed my cardiologist but all said it anxeity. Please sir you tell me in simple words what i do. The story you write if i show it to doctors they will say we know better about heart and we are doctors. Please guide me what i do. Thanks

• Posted

I experienced what you are now with the doctors up until 2012, since then they take me seriously now, Basically, it's going to take a heart event for them to actually believe you that it's not panic. 2012 was when I had my first heart attack and before that every doctor that I saw said it was panic/anxiety, although there was one cardiologist, he was a professor of cardiology, he was the one that actually diagnosed me with small blood vessel spasms in the heart.

?Do you actually get moderate to severe pain during your episodes  ? heart attack or angina pain usually radiate to the left side, chest heaviness , squeezing, breathlessness, dizziness, sweaty, pain can shoot up into the neck or jaw, feel nausea some people even feel pain in their stomach while others feel like they have indigestion with a dull pain in the back, sometimes pain elsewhere has been known to be a symptom of heart attacks but generally there is a set pattern for angina.

Do you have a family history or heart problems, did the doctor ask you these types of questions during your consult. how is you cholesterol levels ? 

?I'm not a doctor, it's just that I had suffered panic anxiety half my life and you know what's what in the anxiety department, my chest pain when it started, I knew it wasn't anxiety because it hurt like hell, panic / anxiety is extremely uncomfortable but it never causes pain, sure you may feel muscle tension/tightness in the chest wall and find it hard to breathe but there's no pain, this is how panic/anxiety work when you're in a sensitized state, it sends the wrong messages to the brain, making us think we have heart problems, lung cancer, bowel cancer, etc etc . it's how this condition works and we have to basically re train our thoughts. 

• Posted

Thanks dear. I feel pain in my left arm. Chest back and stomic. But these are not regular pains. I feel dizzling breathless sweat. No family history of heart attack.chestrol lever is normal. But i alway fear of heart failure. I want cardiologist pick it before it comes. Dr are well qualified. They said i m fine.

When i do fast walk never feel paint in my chest. But after walk i do rest to do my heart normal. Then my heart start going to sinking. I simple words i say my heart dont bear load or stress. As for i read on google its symptom of heart failure. What you say.

• Posted

According to my symptoms what do you think i have heart problem or anxiety. My dr dont ask many questions. I also smoke. My dr believe on trst and then they say i have anxiety. I m always afraid of heart failiur or heart attack.
    • Posted

If you had "heart failure" you would definitely know about it, you would get quite ill very quickly, you would get fluid build up in your legs, etc etc. 

?You say you are afraid of heart failure or heart attack, to me, and I hope you don't mind my honesty, I think you are dwelling on these thoughts and are creating anxious moments for yourself.

?Here's something to think about, the healthiest and fittest of people have heart attacks, they had no warning signs what so ever. Anyone can have a heart attack anytime anywhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.