HRT for joint pain only

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi,

Is it worth  taking HRT for joint pain only - I kind of cope with the other symptoms but have continuous joint pain- when lying down, getting up, sitting ,walking etc..

all rhemathoid factors are fine, tried to take prednisone and it helped, not sure what has less side effects - HRT or low dose oral steroiids

Has anybody tried maca root for joint pain?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Polly - I have suffered from Joint pain for ages - 3 years or more. I am on HRT which are brilliant for the hot flushes but sadly it didnt help my joint & muscle pain. I have tried so many different things over the past 2 years & sadly nothing helped. I am now on Amitripyline from my doctor, I am now pain free its wonderful! it took a while to get use to as it makes you tired but after a a couple of weeks its fine!

I also take B6 - Osteocare which contain calcuim,zinc & VitD.

Good luck Polly!

• Posted

Hi Barbara,

Did you Gp prescribe amitryphilyne?

Did you try prednisone?

• Posted

Hi Polly I have tried Macca root but sadly it didnt help. Try it as it does help some?

I think you need to try all different recomendations first. I did for over the 3 years but had enough when nothing worked for me!  I am sane now taking HRT. Some are against it but do whats right for you! I spoke to a lady doctor at my surgery & she was wonderful gave me all the pro's & con's!

• Posted

Hello,

I'm on my 3rd year into perimenopause and I'm experiencing recent joint pains in the neck, back and overall body... it's now excruciating where I have to Rest. I just bought a new joint supplements called "Move Free" and the reviews were very good so I have to give it a try and let ya know.

• Posted

Hey Polly...

Do not dispair, things you get better. I had it all, from muscle and joint pain to heart attack like symptoms. I was tested for everything, includding REUMATHOID ARTHRITS and all came back fine. 

It takes a while, a lot of personal effort in eating and doing the right thing, taking vitamins and so, but it gets better. the phase with muscle and joints pain took months. I noticed that as far apart is my period, as better. In case I have a period, the day before and the first day, I feel great, but that is it. A month with a period is a bad

month.

I still have some of the syntoms now and then but they are diminishing.

Some times I ask misself if I should take HRT for general aging issues, but I really do not know the answer yet. Just know that regarding symptoms, they will get better.

Be brave smile

• Posted

Oh my gosh, you're describing me to a tee!

I'm 3 years into this rollercoaster. I feel great a couple days before a period and for about 2 days after and then the my shoulders, feet, sometimes hips ache. It's like having flu aches.

I too have had all the rhumatiod panels and they're clear.

Take tons of multivitamins.

I'm normally a very active person and this has really grounded me.

What have you done to cope with this?

Thank you!

• Posted

Thank you for your support!

Did anybody try memory foam matress topper for joint pain and insomnia?

• Posted

Yes, didn't make a lick of difference. In fact my hot flashes were worse when I had the memory foam because your body traps the heat making me sweat. When you get insomnia and your hormones are off, no bed helps. The only thing that helped to keep me asleep was St. John's wort. 

• Posted

If you decide to try that, it helps if you use a waterproof mattress pad on top, with two bottom sheets between you and the mattress pad.  That should take care of the overheating.  That's what I did for our memory foam bed.

Also, in the winter, I just use the waterproof mattress pad on top of the mattress, with one bottom sheet.  I'm toasty warm.  smile  

• Posted

Anything waterproof makes me sweat. I ache and feel like it's being drawn out of me. I often remove waterproof sheets from hotel beds and a long stay in hospital was a nightmare. That was way before perimeno set in. I think I must be allergic to something.

• Posted

have you tried the vitamin glucosamine it works alot for my pain
  • Posted

hello polly! i ve read your post from 2 years ago. how is your pain level? i relate with your story and i want to know how are you felling now and if you did smth in particular to address the pain issue. thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.