HRT help

Posted , 10 users are following.

i have been taking combination HRT 10 plus years now. I have weaned down to 1 every other day, 2 years ago. I am experiencing anxiety, low moods , heart palpations and hot and cold flashes. Has anyone experience this after weaning down? I am wondering if I should increase my dose back to everyday again? ANY suggestions or thoughts appreciated.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

why do you think you need to come off it? if its working and tou feel good why not stay on it ive just started about a year ago to take HRT and have felt like someone switched the light back on for me if i can feel this good and so much energy, and im healthy why change it

• Posted

i thought i should try to wean down slowly and by that i mean every other day for 2 years, i was shaky but pushing through most days, then the last 6 months I REALLY started to feel horrible, low mood, low energy, foggy brain, anxiety set in along with hot flashes . THEN I realized it must be menopausal symptoms coming back. SO I started taking them again everyday. It has only been 2 + weeks now starting to feel better.

I WONT DO THAT AGAIN!

• Posted

Hi! I am 43 and 2 years on hrt, cyclical type.

I cannot actually find a doc who says that I can have hrt for life.

I guess that we have to take our decisions and responsibility about how long we can use it. When we start hrt, everything is normal again, so how can we stop taking something that makes us feel normal again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.