HRT life is good again.....

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hi ladies I just wanted to share some

Positive feedback. I know HRT is not a

Solution for everyone but it seems to be

Working for me after 4 years of misery

Wasted years now that I look back.

I have lots of energy, I could barely make it out of bed before, the depression has gone and the terrible aggressive grumpiness too

Thank god. I am taking a patch its been 6

Weeks now and my gyneocologist takes the same one. I am 50 and my periods stopped at 46 and I was unhappy for 4 years. I have a 9 year old son, and I wanted to enjoy him.

I know there are risks but for me I want to

Enjoy now and not waste the years I have.

My gyneocologist is very supportive around the same age as me and is pro HRT. I know not all doctors are. I hope you all find a way to get through this awful stage of life for me it had to be full on chemical warfare ! ! Lol šŸ˜

5 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, it's so good to read a positive story about HRT. For the last 3 years or so all I've read is the misery of menopause. I've mean in that misery myself and I'm fed up now. I asked my doctor about 2 year ago for HRT and she said it wasn't the right time to start it because my blood test said my hormone levels indicated I was just about through the it and I was coping quiet well. I listened to her and struggled on until a week ago I'd had enough I felt like an 80year old the aches and pain were unbearable. She took more bloods just to check there wasn't anything sinister going on. I received a phone call from her on Monday to say my bloods were normal and that I was an ideal candidate for HRT (post menopausal and 55 yrs old). I picked my prescription up today so hopefully in a few months time I'll be back on here to let everyone I'm a new woman.

i always thought once your periods had stopped for a year you were done and that was it but no seemingly not. I'm pleased I went back to see my doctor.

Ā 

• Posted

Hi I thought the same, its all very confusing isn't it, I hadn't had a period for 4 years then went on HRT patches and had one a week later !Ā 

I hope it works for you, its been almost 3 months now, have to say I feel much better, but some days are as black as they were before but I will stick with it. I think that HRT helps, but we are still going to be up and down, as things happen to us day to day which affects our moods regardless of menopause, Ā that's life ! fingers crossed for you XĀ 

• Posted

I've just been to doctors as I didn't want to take more hrt and put on weight as I've just lost 2 stone and still going she printed off some advice whigh I thought was helpful

• Posted

Hi , yes I feel like you ..Life is good after a good few years of feeling not so good ! I have a good GP & gynaecologist very lucky. I feel like you HRT not for all but for me it's the best, you get your life back I say quality over quantity .. so nice to hear some one feels the same as me, I do have regular checks !! lol

• Posted

What all are you on and what was your levels before if don't mind me asking..i am on hrt too and it's been tough

• Posted

HiĀ 

I know this post is old but on day 2 of patch not noticed any difference yet so I wondered how long it takes to kick in.

Decided to go on it as like you months are passing by and feeling terrible most days dizzy tired and like you unable to get out of bed !

I do hope this works for me . I tried the BHRT for 3 weeks but got no relief and perhaps made me worse.Ā 

• Posted

Hi everyone, I'm a newbee in here looking for help and advise, I'm someone who said I wouldn't take hrt but have a doctor's appointment in morn as I can deal with flushes and irregular periods but for the last month im sinking low into depression and as someone who has experienced postnatal depression this is something i cannot repeat, any advise would be very welcome x

• Posted

I didnā€™t want to take it either but I was sooooo bad I would have taken anything !Ā 

I could never feel awake and the dizziness boy it was bad.Ā 

Iā€™ve been in it almost 3 weeks now and Iā€™ve felt some of the symptoms alleviate . Iā€™m still tired but not as bad as I was and my mood still depressed .... donā€™t feel like my old self yet .

However everybody has said by 3 months there is a turnaround .Ā 

• Posted

what are you on and what was low when got tested???Ā 
    • Posted

Hi MaryĀ 

I think it was pretty low as Iā€™m 52 and had not had a cycle since December and was literally losing my mind !!!! Thought Iā€™d have to be taken to a psych ward thatā€™s how bad I was . Now I seem to be feeling a bit more normal Iā€™m tidying up donā€™t feel as ā€˜emptyā€™ emotionally and feel busy again .Ā 

I still get tired early in the evening but trying to stay up as late as possible as thatā€™s a better rhythm for me .Ā 

Iā€™d say if you are desperate and losing your mind .... try it . Life is too short to have months of nothing .... Iā€™ve so far missed most of spring and summer and Iā€™ll never get that time back .

• Posted

Hi Nancy

I went three years without anything, experimenting with different vitamins and diet and exercise and I have to say although in good health I was still getting horrible symptoms that come and go.Ā  Flushes started to really get to me because of the way they affecting my mood, about an hour before a flash would hit, I would feel really sad and low and that made me irritable and I began to make the connection, I was in for a bad day with flushes.Ā  So I started hrt 3 weeks ago,Ā  estradot patch and now this week on progesterone tablets.Ā  And...Ā  the biggest change is how its helped me cope,Ā  the dreadful sadness and low mood and irritability have gone.Ā  I feel as I did before this all hit me, in control and able to cope!Ā  I am still getting a reduced version of flushes, but the fact that I can cope makes it so much easier.Ā  A few problems with the progesterone part of the hrt,Ā  bit of nausea,Ā  a bit achyĀ  but being able to cope is half the battle.Ā  I am so far very glad that I took the plunge and should have done it much sooner.Ā  I expect blips along the way, but the effect it has had on my mood will help me through that,Ā  Ā go for it,Ā  you already know from having postnatal depression how awful it is.Ā  It has helped me no end in that area.Ā Ā 

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, today I have started on Evorel 50 patches, Iv come to the conclusion that I want to live/enjoy my life now! I kind of feel better already just by making the decision, thanks again, will keep you informed of my progress xx
  • Posted

I know how you feel I went through the menapause twice really bad then when I had a hysterectomy I went through it again hot flushes etc I just take a tablet when I feel worse as I don't want to put weight on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.