Hrt need help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, been on HRt tablets, great with hot flushes but not with my emotions, im so emotional, feel anxious all day long and nervous, no one in my family wants to know, even my partner said it upsets him to see me so upset but doesnt know what to do, I did suggest a cuddle would help, anyone know of a good book or info for my partner and grown up kids to read! Im wondering should i go back to drs and ask for help or put up with what i have been given longer, its 4 months now ive been taking kliofem 2 mg/1mg , anyone out there know about doses could i go higner? Thanks for listening

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello. I would go back to your GP because it sounds as though the medication isn't helping you very much. I don't think there is a higher does in Kliofem but obviously your doctor will know. Have you had a recent blood test to check your thyroid function? Over or under active thyroid gland is very common in menopausal women and your symptoms of anxiety could be down to an over active thyroid gland.
    • Posted

Hi Matron . Have been advised to give up Tiberlone and have another hysteroscopy followed by Mirena and patches due to bleeding - gutted as this drug has been a godsend - can you advise pls?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, my own dr is in on Friday so I wil go back to her and see what she says,
    • Posted

Hi Rhino. Are they blaming the Tibolone for your bleeding? 
    • Posted

Good idea Jacko and ask her about a blood test unless you've already had one of course. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 
    • Posted

They think it may be causing the lining of my uterus to grow quickly and hence the bleed - I am gutted this med has been great for mesad
    • Posted

Rhino I'm going to send you a personal message
  • Posted

Hi there, I think maybe you should go back to doctors. I found this site last week so I'm a newbie. People on here are so helpful. I just wanted to say that you are not alone in how you are feeling. It's absolutely awful isn't it. I am on week one of elleste duet and still very down and weepy. Hope it's just too early yet to feel better. Speak on here, I think it helps. X
    • Posted

Hello margaret. It is still too early for you to feel any benefit yet as you rightly said. Some ladies do feel better within a week but often that's due to them still having some of the female hormones floating around the bloodstream. You probably had none or just a minute amount. Stay strong and you will feel better in the coming weeks.
    • Posted

Hello, thank you for taking the time to teply, yes i found the site, I wil go back to my dr Friday and see what she says, its the feeling of despair too, finding it so hard
    • Posted

Thank you matron. Would just like to ask you if it's weeks or months to feel better. Just a bit desperate. X
    • Posted

It should only be a few weeks before you start to feel the benefit, definitely not months. I can imagine how desperate you feel but as I said to Jacko it's worth asking your GP for a thyroid function blood test. It's quite remarkable just how many women in our age group have a over or under active thyroid gland. If you don't feel any improvement in a couple of weeks that would be my advice.
    • Posted

Thanks matron. Don't know what the little heart icon is but I gave you one. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.