HRT (weight gain & bloating)

Posted , 53 users are following.

Is anyone suffering the same, I have recently had my ovearies and tubes removed, because of severe hot sweats etc my doctor perscribed hrt (Elleste Duet). I have gained nearly 2 stone in 3 months and my stomach is constantly bloated, which causes me to feel depressed. Does anyone on this tablet on any type of hrt feeling the same, please help......xx

5 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi lady's any advice would be great I started hrt 3 months ago femoston 2/10 mg I've never in my life been so blotted been back to drs he just said give it 6months I keep fit lots of walking Pilates aquafit and fitness groups so I truly don't understand what's going on should I continue taking them or stop and try somethink natural

• Edited

I too have been on Estelle 1 mg for 3, months ,,, iv now decided today , I will not be taking another tablet,, my period is horrendous,, bleeding through clothes. My breasts are treble normal size. I'm a size 8,, I'm now nearly a 12, that's not acceptable. I'm also extremely tired/ bloated continually. After being at work today and spending every half hour doubling up sanitary towels,, iv had enough. Their in the bin,, hoping in next week, weight will fall off,, Not worth it,,

• Posted

I Started on this about 3 months ago and the weight just flew in and my stomach is so bloated and rock hard. it makes me feel awful. i have since started working out and watching what i eat and it has made no difference. Although it has its benefits, like firmer skin and less mood swings and no hit flashes, but these other symptoms are making me miserable. Does anyone have an answer?

• Posted

hi yes im feeling the same this is the third lot of HrT i feel bloated ive put on weight and im feeling depressed grumpy my breast are so tender ive decided these are not working for me and im awaiting for a call back of my Gp for yet another lot of HrT im getting the feeling im going to have to go through this without any help.

• Posted

I am on pellets for HRT, before it was patches. Have gained 8 kg in the 4 years of HRT now, its depressing if you used to be skinny all your life and now you go to a rather curvy cellulite direction with a belly at times like a pregnant woman 😦(( Saying all that some of the weight gain would also be water retention and inactivity so not all to blame on HRT but majority for sure.

Without HRT I had major symptoms but, hot flashes during the day to night sweats soaking, heart palpations, panik attacks, mind racing, strange thoughts, very very low self esteem, problems sleeping, joint aches etc. etc. it has been very scary. So its a no win situation either way

• Posted

I don't know what age you are but each of us should try to understand the term MIDDLE AGE SPREAD. The more I think of it the more I realise that women for years have experienced weight gain once they have gone though the menopause and this is nothing new. I always blamed my HRT but it was worth it all. it is the greatest drug in the world ! MY LIFE WAS A LIVING HELL BEFORE BEING PRESCRIBED IT.

It is almost CHRISTMAS so ask for new clothes instead if perfumes. Once you look in the mirror and see how wonderful you look, then you will be happy again.

Have a very happy CHRISTMAS and cheer up.

• Edited

god yes! I have gained 2 stone in 4 months on elleste duet ..my stomach feels huge and I hate it! trying so hard to exercise zumba and pilates as well as reducing calories but its do difficult it gets me down

• Posted

Yes, me too. I wonder if Femiston might be better. I didn't have such problems before. Seeing my GP and your testimonial helps me. I feel these forums are very helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.