HRT withdrawl....Help !

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I am having a terrible last couple of days, I started to wean off HRT Dec16th taking 1/2 tablet every day, I was ok until the last couple of days, now I am anxious, fuzzy head, jittery, and starting to feel depressed.  

Anyone please help....do I continue or go back to my full dose?  I am so scared I will fall back to where I was before starting them.  I was non functioning!!!  Jay if you are reading this I am following your weaning schedule, added a multivitamin, and D3 as blood work came back I was difficient in D3,  no other changes, anyone please help as I cannot think to make a decision will this pass or get worse?  I feel so helpless and scared!

Thank you.  Loretta

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello loretta. Can you remind us why you're reducing your HRT? Is it because you want to or your doctor wants you to?
    • Posted

I was reducing it because I have been prescribed it for 6 or 7 years and from all the reading I have done here, I am afraid that the doctor will just stop it on me. I see him in March and I wanted to be prepared to reduce as much as I could before that would (may) happen, I am frightened of being just cut off since I have tried to stop before and I was a mess.  My obgyn doctor prescribes and only recognizes the physical benefits, he doesn't understand the emotional benefits.  My GP who does, retired and I felt comfortable that if he stopped it she would have wrote it.  Am I making sense?

Loretta

• Posted

Loretta what I would do is keep taking the original dose and see your GP in March. If he says you have to stop or if you make that decision then ask him for a reducing dose and do it in stages with his help. That is what I'm doing at the moment 
    • Posted

ok. How are you doing? Is this normal for me to be reacting a month later from the reduction?
    • Posted

I felt like you did so I went back to my GP and asked for help with stopping the HRT. It's working well for me. I do get the occasion hot flush but I can cope with it. I'm feeling better than when I tried to do it myself. It's a case of reducing very gradually 
    • Posted

How did you begin reducing?  Yes I am on the higher dose.  Up until the last 3 days I was just getting minor flushing, and yes I was able to deal with that, but now it's like the gates are open and everything is falling apart, emotionally!
  • Posted

Hi loretta 

i cant help you hun, i have never taken HRT ... 

so wouldnt know what to tell you ..

big hugs 

jay x

• Posted

Loretta 

my weaning schedule ?  

I have never given one, as never taken HRT, maybe it was someone else.

always see a Gyno i say with HRT and Gyno matters ..

i only share vitamin and supplement info ( what i take) and the estriol ovules for dryness ..

• Posted

Hi Jay,

You replied to one of my posts about weaning off hrt. Advising on how to reduce my tablets. Maybe Loretta is referring to my post?

X

• Posted

Ok Jay, there is another Jay then that did and gave a weaning schedule that worked for her,  Thank you though for responding. 

Loretta.

• Posted

I am confused 😳

its not me, i never taken HRT ... 

But i hope all calms down for you 

sounds like a hormonal blip,, i get them post meno and not taking HRT 

big hugs 

jay x

• Posted

I talked about reducing zopiclone the other day .. And what i did with that, taking half then a quarter etc .. But never HRT .. 

is that what the muddle is 

dont know 

jay x

• Posted

Jay,  I've found my post headed - How to reduce HRT?  You did reply and gave advice on how you reduced another medication you was on.  This helped me weaning off my hrt and I'm now done to taking just one tablet every fourth day.  My doctor said I could actually stop now if I want but I'm still going to reduced even further.  I'm on the lower dose though and think Loretta is on the higher dose??  Probably more difficult to wean off the higher dose.

Stick with it Loretta, go a bit slower, you will get there :-) 

E. xx

• Posted

opps  my post was head - How long till I stop HRT?  Period time and head up my *****  sorry!  wink

Definitely helped me reduce my HRT though - thanks Jay  :-)

• Posted

Hi elaine 

yeah i remember me saying how i reduced/weaned off a different medication i was on 😄 in general terms 

glad it helped in HRT terms, weaning with anything has to be done gently..

or may get side effects and withdrawal if sudden 

good luck ladies 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.