HRT withdrawl....Help !

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I am having a terrible last couple of days, I started to wean off HRT Dec16th taking 1/2 tablet every day, I was ok until the last couple of days, now I am anxious, fuzzy head, jittery, and starting to feel depressed.  

Anyone please help....do I continue or go back to my full dose?  I am so scared I will fall back to where I was before starting them.  I was non functioning!!!  Jay if you are reading this I am following your weaning schedule, added a multivitamin, and D3 as blood work came back I was difficient in D3,  no other changes, anyone please help as I cannot think to make a decision will this pass or get worse?  I feel so helpless and scared!

Thank you.  Loretta

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Loretta, try taking one full tablet one day then half tablet the nxt day and so on...

You are on the higher dose i think so perhaps you need to reduce slowly? Are you taking extra B vits? Jay advised me to take Busy B vits to help moods and anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon.

Elaine x

• Posted

Loretta, I attempted the exact same thing.  All women react differently to the hormonal reduction.  I did not respond well to a lower dose.  It started out slow but before I knew it I was cold, tired, ached, depressed, anxious, my adrenal gland then kicked in and I had night terrors.  It was very difficult.  I went back on my hrt and now just trying to get back to normal.  It has been almost three months back on and I am coming back slow.  If you are not reacting well go back to your dose, talk to your GP and explain your concerns.  If you do not feel the GP is educated enough on HRT then find another.  Hope your feeling well soon.
    • Posted

Thank you so much renee, I am going back to my full dose and will speak to my doctor.  I am in the USA where are you?  
    • Posted

I am in Pennsylvania, right outside Philadelphia.  Soo happy to find someone in US with same issues.  My doctor obgyn has not stopped my HRT or has indicated that he would.  I just got paranoid and thought, ok maybe I should try to wean off AGAIN, every time I do I am a mess, just like you described, he tells me well then you are not ready to come off it yet.  I thank you so much for responding to me.  I will PM you my phone number, if you would like to talk.  I hope you also feel back to normal soon.  Loretta
    • Posted

That is funny because I did the same thing.  I just didnt realize my health issues were related to my hormones.  I had been weaning off for a much longer time and down to a very low dose. My doctor kept looking at my thyroid and running other tests.  Then one day my mother in law said she thought it was menopause.  The light bulb went on.  I researched it and also found another doctor.  So my journey back is longer and frustrating. I just want to be my happy, content, energetic self.  The physical pains are all gone and I have lots of energy.  The hardest part are the mood swings and still feeling a bit anxious. I was never an anxious or depressed person........eeeeek!  I tell my husband it will be a long time before I try that again.  wink  
    • Posted

My husband would freak if he knew I tried to go off again!  My doctor also gave me anxiety medicine which I am taking now because of my stupidity! But I also required it at times on the full dose of HRT plus antidepressant, not an SSRI as that did not agree with my symptoms.  It is a cocktail that keeps me functioning and I am grateful they figured it out.  Now if I would stop creating my own trouble!!!  You have a wise mother in law!  Thank you again.  Your post hit home!!!   
    • Posted

Hello Renee, 

Thinking of you and your MIL wondering how you are all doing?

Hope all is well! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.