HSV 2 - confusion

Posted , 6 users are following.

I contracted HSV 2 from my partner back in January. At the time, he was not aware he had it although he had a one night stand and shortly thereafter developed lesions which we swabbed positive for HSV 2. I around the same time became very ill also and did not know it at the time also became infected. I believed I had strep throat and developed what I thought was a yeast infection. He than told me he was positive for HSV 2. I than went back to the doctor and got Valtrex. Since January I haven't had any other otherbreaks. 

Here is where I'm confused. My partner was desperate for a cure, did a lot of research and discovered ozone therapy and a botnanical solution offered by a place in Malaysia. He is there now receiving treatment and apparently told a cure...? So my questions are

1. Do the presence of antibodies mean infection and the fact that you remain contagious?

2. Is it possible to have antibodies and no infection? I don't understand than what the tests are for if you have antibodies are you diagnosed with a herpes infection?

3. When he comes back, how could we tell the treatment worked and actually cured him? 

I'm pretty sure once he returns he won't want to sleep with me because he's going to assume he's cured and won't want to reinfect himself. Is there a blood test that can tell for sure?

HELP

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes the antibodies test is what will show herpes in the body if no scab to swab. As hopefully as I am for a cure I doubt your guy will come back cured but in the event that he does please be sure to share that information. If he was to come back cured don't you think he loves you enough to send you next to be cured especially since he gave it to you?? Good Luck I truely hope he will be cured I hope a cure happens soon. 

• Posted

Jessica you are right... as I said to him many times he should come up with my $30,000 for the treatment also since he gave it to me. I highly doubt that will ever happen. But he thinks he's coming back cured. Maybe not right away as the antibodies need to be used up but within the year he truly believes and has been told he will be virus free rolleyes

• Posted

I was told that antibodies is not the same thing as the virus . Can you have antibodies and no virus...? Or is that not possible?
    • Posted

Antibodies are produced in response to viruses, bacteria and other antigens, so you cannot have antibodies without having had the cause. Unfortunately HSV is a virus known to persist for life (it never clears the body, only falling dormant and reactivating from time to time). As a result, antibodies to HSV (in the positive range of an IgG test) are indicative of lifelong HSV infection, except in those cases where the test produces a false positive. The best test for herpes, however, is a swab test, as that looks directly for the virus, not its antibodies.
    • Posted

I really appareciate your detailed responses. For reference and understanding, I've pasted the exact response from the "professor" to my partner in response to this question

No, antibodies are not virus and needed by the body, why would we want to do

that?

No, that we teach once you become a patient but you need to stop confusing

the aspect of antibodies having anything to do with a virus other than being

linked by their signature.

No, antibodies do not disappear, they are used up and that takes time, some

use them up quickly while others take anywhere up to a year, but again,

antibodies are not virus.

Does this make medical sense even? 

Also this First, no one can tell you in medical science what the outcome of your

treatment will be, that would be impossible and for anyone to make a claim

would be unethical. Medical science works on probabilities and not confirmed

results. Having said that, out of all those that we have treated, there has

been only three complaints, to us that is negligible.

The herpes virus is very resistant and this is the reason that it is not

easy to deal with, we provide a solution to this but we are not so naïve to

think that this solution will work immediately, this is never the case when

dealing with these viruses. The treatment lasts 60 days, the antibodies

could show negative before that, during that or after that, there are too

many individual parameters to consider for us to have any certainty, please

understand that.

If you are looking for someone to tell you that after treatment, no

antibodies, no virus and you are good to go, they are scamming you, this is

not the way true medical science works.

First, no one can tell you in medical science what the outcome of your

treatment will be, that would be impossible and for anyone to make a claim

would be unethical. Medical science works on probabilities and not confirmed

results. Having said that, out of all those that we have treated, there has

been only three complaints, to us that is negligible.

The herpes virus is very resistant and this is the reason that it is not

easy to deal with, we provide a solution to this but we are not so naïve to

think that this solution will work immediately, this is never the case when

dealing with these viruses. The treatment lasts 60 days, the antibodies

could show negative before that, during that or after that, there are too

many individual parameters to consider for us to have any certainty, please

understand that.

If you are looking for someone to tell you that after treatment, no

antibodies, no virus and you are good to go, they are scamming you, this is

not the way true medical science works.

• Posted

Sorry to inform you that there is no cure for herpes. Your partner is wasting his time and money. Because there is no cure, yes, antibodies do mean you are infected for life and are thus able to transmit the disease under certain conditions.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. I think I have been blinded by all the "research" he has done. The  long and short of it is, according to this theory that whatever treatment he has received will kill the virus and over time the antibodies will be "used" up rendering him herpes free. This could take up to one year according to this method. 

This surely can't be true right..?  I should also add the cost is $30,000 for 60 days. 

You know I have lived 43 years and have never been so devestated by anything in all my life.  What he did was so hurtful. Now he thinks he's coming back cured and probably won't touch me with a 10ft pole. 

• Posted

If he had HSV2 IgG antibodies before, he will still have them after his ozone treatment, and after a year from that, so don't worry. His IgG antibody level may go down somewhat over time, as that's natural, but he will never be clear of HSV 2 IgG antibodies or the virus itself.

• Posted

His antibody level decreasing will make him think the "cure" is working. Do you think he will still get outbreaks? Because this year he's a had a few and since he's been there he hasn't although he may not tell me the truth about that. 

It would be reckless and naive of him to think he was cured simply because time has passssd since treatment?

• Posted

Yes, that would be very naive of him to think that, but then he also fell for the ozone scam, so he seems rather naive and gullible generally! Outbreaks tend to become less frequent over time, too, you should note, but he should still get them. Best way to convince him that he's not cured is to get him to do the IgG test (same test kit/clinic/lab for comparison purposes) each quarter or half-year for the next couple of years (or more).

• Posted

Are you fairly confdent that this treatment won't work or have you heard about it ever before?

• Posted

100% there is no cure or miracle treatment. Think about it. If there were such amazing options to us sufferers, why are we all on here instead of rushing off to get cured? Why is it not common knowledge? Where are the research studies? Don't buy into that Bïg Phärma tinfoil hat nonsense. There is no cure, only meds for treatment and the meds only help (not cure) so long as you continue to take them. Maybe there will be a cure one day, years down the line, but certainly not at present.

• Posted

UPDATE: so he has just completed his 60 days of ozone therapy. According to his pre treatment results his IGG was 22 and per their labs 0-9 is a negative. His IGg now after treatment is 15.. they have given him herbal supplements to take over the next year. So based on this I'm going with it didn't work. Thoughts?

• Posted

Yep, he is still positive -- and will always be. Don't forget, IgG can naturally decline a little over time, so 22 or 15, it's still same same. Should he ever try to convince you that it worked and he's negative, make sure you see his results or make him test at a clinic of your choice! Also, if ozone were really a proven cure, there's no way so few people would know about it, believe me, lol.

• Posted

Hi Amy, now that it has been over 10 months, has he been retested? If so what is his igg levels? Also, please don't let the negativity in the comments section fool you. I have received Ozone treatment and although I am not negative, I went from 3 to 4 outbreaks a month to ZERO is over 5 months. Ozone drastically improves the immune system when taken for weeks at a time at high levels. There is still major benefits in it. Also, that FelizCastus person seems to be a bit "slow". Look up Ozone Therapy Review on youtube. You can see many testimonials and its power. Ozone is literally illegal in many many countries because pharmacies would lose a LOT of money. I am not saying it is a "miracle cure", but it is extremely helpful for the immune system. Anyways, test updates please? thanks

• Posted

Hello Vince, 

can you update me more about Ozone threrapy as I am interested to give it a chance.

Thanks in advance 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.