HSV 2 - confusion

Posted , 6 users are following.

I contracted HSV 2 from my partner back in January. At the time, he was not aware he had it although he had a one night stand and shortly thereafter developed lesions which we swabbed positive for HSV 2. I around the same time became very ill also and did not know it at the time also became infected. I believed I had strep throat and developed what I thought was a yeast infection. He than told me he was positive for HSV 2. I than went back to the doctor and got Valtrex. Since January I haven't had any other otherbreaks. 

Here is where I'm confused. My partner was desperate for a cure, did a lot of research and discovered ozone therapy and a botnanical solution offered by a place in Malaysia. He is there now receiving treatment and apparently told a cure...? So my questions are

1. Do the presence of antibodies mean infection and the fact that you remain contagious?

2. Is it possible to have antibodies and no infection? I don't understand than what the tests are for if you have antibodies are you diagnosed with a herpes infection?

3. When he comes back, how could we tell the treatment worked and actually cured him? 

I'm pretty sure once he returns he won't want to sleep with me because he's going to assume he's cured and won't want to reinfect himself. Is there a blood test that can tell for sure?

HELP

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Amy,

Can you update us on his level of IgG now, as I am interested in this Ozone threrapy and if you could let me the cost of it.

Appreciate your support.

• Posted

Hi Ahmed,

Since his return he has not had his levels IgG tested.  He has told me that he has had fewer outbreaks than prior to the ozone therapy. To my knowledge he has had at least 2 outbreaks which he reports to be less severe than previous. 

The total cost of his treatment was in and around $40,000 (Canadian)

Hope this helps

Incidentally I have only ever had my primary outbreak and nothing since. No treatment or meds 

• Posted

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your reply and valuable information, after initial research i can tell that Ozone therapy is useful in general, and as you said if he have fewer outbreak its considered as success.

I found several ozone therapy clinics and doctors in the country that I am located at the moment, will make a consultation and see how it works.

Thanks again for your help

• Posted

does anyone of a follow up to this thread? anyone know of any other post with HSV2 and ozone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.