Huge, complex cyst with septations and nodules

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a 17cm complex cyst with septations and nodules. The gynecologist yesterday became visibly concerned when she read the radiology report that said nodules and immediately sent me to get a CA-125 test. Im 24. The cyst has grown rapidly and she said it is most likely germ cell cancer that is borderline which means that once its taken out, I should be fine. Of course I have to spend the next month sitting around worrying while they send me to different people and finally set a surgery date.  I wish they would just schedule surgery and an oncologist could take it and the ovary out.  It is terrifying to say the least, I feel sick to my stomach. If anyone has had anything like this, please let me know.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi grace, i'm 32 ,was diagnosed with a complex cyst back in november after an episode of inter menstrual bleeding and having had a lot of back pain. i can absolutely relate, it came out of nowhere as i had never had any issues with cysts or gyn problems aside from thrush or water infections. So the ultrasound technician told me to make an appointment immediately and it all sounded very urgent. next morning i was at my gp's and had blood drawn for a ca125 test and he explained that my cyst was 48mm x 44 mm with mixed echos on ultrasound, so fluids and solids by the look of it. therefore they flagged it as suspicious. I was convinced it was something terrible. My ca125 came back normal and they fast tracked me although i didn't meet all the criteria for a 2 week referral. 

Since then, I have been to see a gyn oncologist consultant and she did another scan where my mass was measured as 34mm x 22mm, smaller than previously. I had another round of blood tests to check for germ cell tumour markers. They came back normal. So she wasn't overly worried and thought i may have an infection / inflammation. My next appointment is tomorrow. 

It is absolutely frightening and the waiting around is really hard. I can absolutely relate, try not to stress yourself out and there's always a chance that it's benign. Noone can say with absolute certainty what it is until it is out but if they think it may be borderline then once it's out, you won't have anything to worry about. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how you get on. 

• Posted

Hey there ! I know how you feel right now honey! I went for a Pap test with my daughter last night at 6 pm as I missed last years one. Never thought nothing would be found when he gave me an ultrasound but suddenly we saw this big black circle with another 2 circles joined - he said it was a a complex cyst the size is 8cm x 6cm and because I’m 55 years old and passed the meopause he immediately sent me for a CA125, CA19-9 , CEA ,, a-FP (A-fetoptrotein blood test) that will take a few days to get the results back and he booked me an MRI for tomorrow, I’m so worried as I’m wondering why the speed testing and like your doctor mines had a worried look on his face !!  The good thing about your cyst is that age is on your side and rarely cancerous under 40 . Sending you positive energy for everything to work out and you get back to enjoying your life 
    • Posted

raphaelia, my cyst looked similar to yours on my last ultrasound, two round balls/circle interlocking and my gyn oncologist thought it could be an inflammation/ infection and it was somewhat smaller than on my previous scan. they said mine too was a complex cyst. 

try not to worry, even if your markers come back elevated, it's not a diagnostic tool just may mean there is something going on like infection, benign tumours ect...but according to my gyn there are lots of benign conditions and cysts , even complex ones, can come and go. Good luck with your MRI and please post an update! 

• Posted

Hey there everyone, 

Just wanted to let you know that my blood work came back within 24 hours. My doctor just called and said everything is NORMAL! They still need to look at my MRI results and make sure there isn't anything TOO TOO concerning. For now though they have requested surgery for the beginning of Feb. They will remove my cyst and ovary. Feeling grateful and scared about surgery. 

• Posted

Hey! 

That's great news!! I'm so pleased your bloods came back normal. 

What's bloods did you have done? 

Always here! Xx

• Posted

Omg i feel you though my cyst was a simple cyst and 4 cm it nevet went away it shrunk to 2 cm but it wont go away i asked the technician if that was normal she said some ladies have cyst that never go away and looked back at the screen when i got my report it said i had a 2 cm with a lot of little follicles arounf the ovary. I looked that up online and it said pocs but i dont have diabetes and only 1 of my ovaries has that the other one is fine i heard aboit a polycystic ovary is that possible? Like you im worried its actually a tumor and the drs are not taking me serious

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.