Hunger Pangs for past couple ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I am a 28 year old male and I weight 165 lbs. The past couple days I have been experiencing some hunger pangs that occur when I go certain periods without eating. Last year I had a bout of gastritis that lasted from around April to mid-June. I suddenly go reflux, bloating, green stool, cramping, hunger pangs, you name it. I was put on some Prilosec otc for a month or so. It improved to a point but then I changed doctors because of other reasons. My new doctor took me off of prilosec and I took a H. Pylori test in July. The results came back negative. At the same time, my gastritis disappeared.

On Sunday evening, I noticed I felt similar hunger pangs but not as severe. Also I have no accompanying gastritis symptoms aside from heartburn sunday evening as a result of some spicy sphaghetti.

My weight has not fluctated and my stool is normal. I have no stabbing pains or cramps.

Could this be some milder form of gastritis or am I just overthinking this. I have been stressed with work and life in general lately. I cannot understate how unplesant last year's two month gastritis bout was. It sucked waking up everyday with nausua and accompanying hunger pangs. I woke up today with no nausea so that is good.

Any insight or advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How long should I wait before I go on PPIs or any other antacid medicine. I felt like PPIs helped but they did not cure my last bout of gastritis. I'm convinced my last bout was stress and anxiety induced. After my H Pylori test came back negative, my symptoms just disappeared. Very strange.

• Posted

So this evening I am really not hungry tbh. I had some crackers about four hours ago. I recall last year during my gastritis episode I was hungry in the evening after I ate. Now it is significantly milder. I am starting to think this may be more me and my anxiety than an actual problem. We will see.

I will still practice all of the tips everyone has given me.

• Posted

So I phoned my doctor and they said I could start taking a PPI for two weeks and then to call if symptoms worsen. I also called because I am taking a cholesterol medicine and I was concerned they might interact with the PPI. I was told they wouldn't. I will start taking the PPI this weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.