Husband horny & I could care less if I ever have sex again!

Posted , 15 users are following.

I'm 54 and no period for a full year. My main problem other than vaginal dryness/atrophy is zero sex drive. My husband and I frequently argue & fight over this. I have not used any hormone replacement. I can't be the only one with this problem, how have you dealt with this? Does BHRT work? What about testosterone supplements? Please help, I need my mojo back lol!

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

tell him to understand your predicament I think all of us are in the same boat. I take a supplement from a natropath i think estrogen supposatories work. Do you get lower abdominal pain as well ?

Fiona ( all the best )

• Posted

Thank you for replying. No abdominal pain. What do you take and more importantly has it helped?
    • Posted

Sherrie I take vagifem low suppository ( it helps ) and bioceuticals menoplus 8 PN  I am still not feeling great have mood swings and feel fatigued all of the time and am always so itchy ,
  • Posted

Sherrie, nothing will kill a sex life like pain and zero desire.  There are plenty of products available.  Some that are bio identical hormones and others that are not.  The entire list of options is actually unbelievable.  Some women even feel they have some success with coconut oil available in any health food store.  

Obviously a visit with our physician is warranted, and I'm sure you will ge some guidance there based on your specific issues.  A simple RX for some vaginal Estrace (bio identical estradiol) used in small amounts might be a good starting place. Just know that what works well for one woman, sometimes doesn't work for the next.  

Good  luck..........life is too short.  

• Posted

I’m on BHRT and it’s a whole other roller coaster to go through . I see that it works for most women but for me it’s been a bit weird. 

I couldn’t imagine entertaining a man whilst feeling like this . I’m single and just want to feel better before I start dating again . 

• Posted

I take a supplement and I use progesterone cream. The supplement takes away the dryness, it also takes away the atrophy and it gives you back to have your mojo. Its natural, i bought it at my health food store. I also take Vitamin c. It's working quite well. Albeit, I bought it hoping it would help with hot soaking flushes but while it really has worked a bit it really has brought back my mojo, lol. Let me know if you want the name by sending me a pm.

• Posted

Hi!! I would like the name of the supley your using!! Please 😊

• Posted

Just curious what Vit C does..  It's in many of my supplements already but maybe I need to take a chewable too..  Thanks.

• Posted

Well, in me at least, it increases my sexual drive. I take 500mg a few times a week with food. However, just because it increases my sexual drive doesn't mean anything, atrophy and dryness are still an issue but since taking my supplements this no longer an issue.

• Posted

Hi Sherrie, so sorry to hear things have got to this state. I was pretty much in the same boat and found Tibolone brought back my libido not to the level it was previously but close enough, coupled up with Sylk for lubricant which is plant based I believe. I hope you find the answers to help you soon.
    • Posted

Tracie, I asked about Tribone but was told it was an older drug and she didn’t think it was still available.   So I’m curious, are you in the US?  
    • Posted

Hello gailannie I'm in the UK but I guess what's available here might be different in the US. It's definitely improved my quality of life after trying many other HRT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.