Husband horny & I could care less if I ever have sex again!

Posted , 15 users are following.

I'm 54 and no period for a full year. My main problem other than vaginal dryness/atrophy is zero sex drive. My husband and I frequently argue & fight over this. I have not used any hormone replacement. I can't be the only one with this problem, how have you dealt with this? Does BHRT work? What about testosterone supplements? Please help, I need my mojo back lol!

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sherrie,  I hear you. When I feel lousy, which is constantly, the last thing I want is sex...I’m only 41 in peri...between the hot flashes and fatigue...I’m a real hoot!    Sometimes making it comfortable fir me is the only thing that helps. My hubby and have spent  many hours arguing over sex which can be solved in a far less time.  It only leads to me getting p****d off and losing more sleep from being pestered.  I buy an organic personal lubricant (silicone free) and we use it a couple of times a month, if I feel semi human.  They talk about mature women reaching some sexual peak.  Maybe ours is on Mt. Kiliminjaro right now😊

Mine is the same way, he is my age, in great shape and more energy than you can imagine. Total horn ball...I swear when he dies...they probably won’t be able to close the coffin.  🤣

• Posted

Lou your comment about the coffin made me lol 😀At least we can still have a few laughs and a few jokes even when we feel like crap. My partner is 10 years younger than me I'm 50 and is also very fit and in great shape but atm I'm not yet suffering down there but like Suzanne said I'll probs be giving BJ's to lol

• Posted

Hi Sherrie,

Prior to my periods ending three years ago I dove into a lot of reading about what happens to a woman's body when she reaches menopause. I was already feeling some of those changes. Problems with my natural lubrication was one of them. After extensive reading about hormone replacement I chose BHRT for myself. I am with a holistic doctor who was a medical doctor for 22 years prior who is well versed in safe hormone replacement that bases his treatment through regular lab work and symptoms. The goal is to give the body just what it needs to feel better and not over do. I am on a combination of compounded estriol and estrodial cream and compounded testosterone. I am also on progesterone cream. Some women overlook the addition of testosterone to their hormone replacement. Women have had testosterone in their bodies through their whole life so why wouldn't we supplement that too if we get on hormone replacement. My periods ended 3 years ago. I got on hormone replacement within 6 months. My natural lubrication came back almost immediately. My hair quit falling out. I have had several increases on my testosterone ( compounded cream for women) and I can't tell you what a difference this has made with my intimacy. My husband also is on bio identical testosterone pellets and he is a changed man. Our sex life is better now that it ever has been. We have more time for each other with kids raised to focus on each other. Hormone replacement is not just about sex but overall health happiness and well being. We also take quite a few supplements to compliment our hormone therapy.  You can get your mojo  back! Good Luck!

• Posted

Awesome! I knew testosterone had to have something to do it. Great info, exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

• Posted

That’s great to hear Jude. I just added testosterone to my hormones . My level was at 20 which is not too low but even with the other hormones I didn’t feel the energy and zest for life so I’m just on a low dose .

How long does it take to kick in? The testosterone and do you know what your levels were before ?

I was taking DHEA when I got the blood test done and then can affect the results 

• Posted

Hi Lori,

My testosterone came in very low in the single digits when I first had it checked almost three years ago. I started off at 2mg and have increased slowly in increments of 2 and now up to 8mg. Last checked almost 6 months ago I was at 25. I will be going in at the end of the month for new testing and likely be bumped up to 10mg. It takes a good month to really feel any difference each time my dose has been increased. Its very subtle but it does work. I think testosterone has done a lot for my well being. I have always said and will say again, when getting on any hormone replacement, a good well versed doctor that knows what their doing is a must. It can mean the difference between a successful time or a nightmare when starting and being on hormone replacement. I have been tested every 6 months for instance as I've been increasing my testosterone to get my level higher. Good luck.

• Posted

I supposed when that lovely symptom hits me I'll be giving lots of BJ's. hahaha!! My husband will be a happy camper. 

Sorry, I can joke now, but I'm sure I'm headed there and I'm sure it's no fun. My friend is a midwife and she uses an estrogen cream down there and she said it really helps. She also says "use it or lose it". But I can't imagine if it's so painful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.