Husband's Pancreatitis

Posted , 9 users are following.

My husband is critically ill with pancreatitis - I feel he is going to pass away and I am so sad.  His case is extremely severe, he has been ill and in ICU for over 3 months.  He just had a pseudocsyst on his pancreas drained and they cut away necrotic tissue from his pancreas. However, he is in septis now with infection throughout his whole body.  They are trying everything.  Does anyone know if this is "survivable"  or he is doomed.  He has suffered beyond anything. Thanks

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this. And the honest as is it is possible he could survive this. It is truly up to him and his body.

Although I was not as bad as your husband. I myself was in the same situation and I am here by the grace of God.

Please don't loose faith in yourself or your husband, he clearly loves you to be fighting so hard.

Thoughts are with you

• Posted

thank you for your kindness     I found out he is on life support now...
  • Posted

Very sorry to hear this. I hope he gets better, and wish you all the best. Don't give up hope.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear of the situation you and your husband are in, he is obviously very poorly. I don't have any advice to offer about the condition as I don't know. Just wanted to respond to let you know that people will be thinking of you and wishing him well. You will know his medical team well by now, trust them in their knowledge to do the very best they can for him. You obviously love him very much and that'll be a big help for him. Stay stong, difficult I know. Good luck and best wishes for a good recovery.
  • Posted

Very sorry to hear this. I really can’t say anything about survival rates and I assume only medical team handling him can do this for sure. But I know few people those have recovered from pancreatitis. So continue to keep faith on god. Hope he recovers soon.Keeping him in prayers.
  • Posted

Just read your last update and wanted you to know that I and I'm sure others here are thinking of you both and sending you good wishes. Take care.
  • Posted

Im so sorry that your husband is going through this

All i can say is that in every big situation we have a much bigger God and he is always in control remember our God is good and faithful always pray

God bless you and your husband

• Posted

Hi im sorry about your husband, my husband too has cronic pancreatitis he has had this for nearlly 10 years he has been in and out of hospital and takes morphine and other pain killers but still in pain nothing seems to work hes on a liquid diet ,he has a hiatus hernia ,he has copd,and he has eperleptic fits he is also diabetic, so as you can imagine hes on alot of meds,but the pancreatitis pain is really taking its toll on him the doctors have told him that if nothing else works then they will send him to another hospital in leeds to do a presedure to numb the nerves ,im sorry im going on a bit ,so ill just say i hope your husband gets well again to be with you he sounds like a fighter ,my thoughts are with you xx
    • Posted

thanks for the support         everyone on here is so kind...he was only 55 and very strong and fit...they saidt  thats why he lasted as long as he did
    • Posted

I am so sorry!! It was the septis. I can't remove my current posts or do not know how. This was my first time on this site. Please Please forgive me for responding right away and before I read all the other posts.

I am praying for him, you and every other person tha t loves him and whom he loves in this terrible time of pain and loss that you have to endure. 

God be with you and give you strength,

John

• Posted

pls DO not apologize....I found your posts informative and helpful    I only wish he would have been able to beat this...thanks for trying to help!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.