Hydrocortizone not working on PMR so great after all

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm the gal who went to the endocrinologist to see how to reduce my prednisone for the rhumatologist who thinks I don't have PMR, and was put on hydrocortizone instead of pred.  Almost a month later I had a SED rate and other stuff taken and my inflammation has gone up from the high 52 to 63.  Painwise I have been suffering a lot, though just on the cusp of being able to take it.  Talked to the rheum. and she said she still wanted to do MRI of my brain, neck, shoulder, before going back to prednisone.  What is your guys' take on this?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Experiment after doing my lab tests:  Sunday I took 25mg of prednisone and Monday I took 20mg.  Monday I felt so well, I even ditched the walker for a short time.  My shoulders, arms, legs all felt much better.  I was doing a few things and thinking up some creative work.  The stone hard pain in my whole body felt as if it had been lubricated and I could move.  That tells ya something!
    • Posted

That's a pretty positive response to the pred!  Are you going to stay at a higher dose for a little while?

• Posted

If my dr will prescribe some for me.  I haven't heard from her yet.  Darn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.