hyper aware of my own conciousness

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone experienced this? It's like i get anxiety from being alive. My surroundings are strange and almost unreal. Sometimes I question if things are real. I know they are but then I start thinking really deeply about life and the universe and just weird stuff. When I wake up I feel a huge rush if panic. It's like im scared of living. I'm scared of dying too though. I find life really strange and everything we do is just strange kind of. I've read about derealization and stuff like that. This time it feels different then that. Almost like im new to living. Or an alien almost. I've become too aware of my own self and the world that it's actually uncomfortable it's like being high on a drug but I don't do drugs at all. Has anyone felt this. It happens everyday and the anxiety is almost constant. I feel insane. Like no one should think this deeply about life and existence. I've spoke to professionals and they say it's anxiety and ocd but it feels weird. I wish I could just not over think everything and be dumb.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

I understand how you feel. I have experienced that feeling its almost as if your seeing your life as a third person right?

• Posted

Hi Alison I think I have exactly what your talking about ive experienced it since I was little like 7 but now 38 and it is very unexplainable. Im not a dr so i dont know what the true answer is but hyper aware of your own self and the objects around you and its like what is really actually happening. I dont think its anxiety but I actually think it may be a gift or just our brain using more of its capacity allowing us to see deeper into whats around us. Its unfortunatly slightly scary when it happens and you begin to question your existance not if its not real but is there something deeper going on in the world we havent noticed or know. but you live daily witbout any issues and it doesnt affect how you socialize just how you think and see tbings when it happens but its not neagative. Honestly i just dont stress it , I just want to know what it truly is and and if anyone else went through it and I think I found someone who unnderstands. Ive read all the other descriptions of those dp dissorders and it just dont 100% seem to fit the diagnosis but who knows maybe im wrong but dont feel like I am was looking for a word for it. I think Hyper aware is perfect explanation because you are aware and its multiplied until you decide to distract yourself or just simply close your eyes.
  • Posted

Hey, how are you going with this still ? Just found this , I’m doing really bad wth it I have had this on and off for 5 years ! Any help would be awesome 
  • Posted

Hey, I've been having trouble with this I don't even know what to do, it's been hard especially during quarantine where people don't go out as much. 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.