Hypo and Hyper at same time??? Living hell

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been Hypothyroid for years (diagnoised at 13 I believe and am 29 now) and dealt with all the symptoms that came along with it. Something happened with my body in December. Suddenly I was having panic attacks and chronic anxiety daily along with a stressful tension feeling in my chest area daily along with full body awful aches and pains, jittery, internal shakes, unwanted anxious energy, really really cold than really warm like hot skin. Admitted to hopsital 5 times during 2 month period for all those symptoms. Had countless and endless blood work done looking for anything and everything and even had a MRI and EEG done. Oh and about 8 EKGS. The only thing that showed was that I was Hypo AND HYPER. ..which is impossible right? Finally found a good Endo who said iam primarily Hypothyroid but I also have Graves disease. He did not say what ive been experiencing is from the thyroid malfunction, though I was feeling in perfect health for years before all this and my labs have never showed any Graves. Has anyone else experienced this??

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Interesting discussion.

I’ve also noticed EBv connection.

Seems the hypo/hyper state comes before a crash, so does the EBv. 

It makes it difficult to monitor and head off a crash because the virus is slow and you don’t notice for a few weeks because you just figure you’re having a few bad days. Then the hyper/hypo thing is kind of the opposite.

Does the EBv trigger the hyper/hypo?

Anyone notice a series of down days followed by hypo/hyper? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.