Hysterectomy or Endometrial Ablation

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hello everyone,  I am new to this forum but I in a bit of a dilemma and would welcome your experiences and thoughts. I have had a bit of a journey over the last 3 years, increasingly heavy periods, which are now 2 - 3 weeks long, with severe clotting (sorry tmi).  I have had a laparoscopy (GA), mirena coil (twice), right ovary and tube removed due to large cysts, and I have a large fibroid.  I have tried transexamic acid which had no benefit.  I am now being offered an endometrial ablation or a hysterectomy.  Having read some stuff on forums, the experience of EA doesnt seem to be good.   I am inclined to go straight for the hysterectomy in the sense that it gives complete closure to this whole sorry experience, and the on going post op pain with an EA seems well documented.  Just wondered if anyone could offer any helpful insights?  Thanks all.

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello Sara and all the people that are following this post,

American Interventional Radiologist here.

Has anybody spoken to you about Uterine Fibroid Embolization?

At the age of 46 and with bleeding as your main symptom, you are an excellent candidate for this minimally invasive, research proven endovascular procedure.

Best regards,

Roman Politi, MD

• Posted

I have my hysterectomy surgey scheduled in 2 months and starting to get nervous. The nervous part for me is the after I'm 40 and still plan on a active sex life with my spouse of course lol ... any advice or information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.