Hysterectomy Tomorrow :-(

Posted , 12 users are following.

Well this is it girls, bag packed, in for 12pm tomorrow OP at 2pm even dreading the cannula nevermind anything else! Speak to you soon wish me strength and luck 😱

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope all went well.  You should be feeling relieved now its all over.  Do as the hospital advises, take it easy, don't stress and take one day at a time, don't try to rush things.  The more you follow their advice, the quicker the recovery.  Let us know how you get on.  All the best, Barbara

• Posted

Hi all doing ok still in the hospital had the catheter removed then back it! Just had it taken out to give it a go again, really suffering with wind and haven't managed to do a stool yet :-( really sore but it's manageable :-) xx thank you for all you advise and help on this site it's been a god send! Taking my colepmin now...

• Posted

Hi, Karen!

It's such a relief to hear from you!  Please try to take it day by day.  You're in my thoughts and prayers! xx

• Posted

Hi Karen

For the wind. .my nurse had me lay on one side with my knees up for fifteen minutes...then do the same on the other side...to get the gas moving and exiting. Once I got it moving, she had me lay on my back with my legs up and gently roll side to side. .

Sending a warm hug

judith

• Posted

Oh dear I'm struggling a bit :-( cried loads today it's the wind and not being able to go to the toilet and know you guys warned me but how can you prepare for this :-( had wind tablets, peppermint tea, lactolose, sena I don't know what else to do, is it normal 4 days after to still be needing to go?

Also when do you start your pelvic floor excercises straight away? 😊

• Posted

Hi Karen. I was discharged on day 5 after op and I hadn't passed wind of had a bm. I was sent home with catheter in as bladder still wasn't empting so had to go back 2 days later to have it removed. I still hadn't been to loo so consultant suggest I have an enema. Oh boy did I feel better after that and then I started to go properly. Maybe you need a helping hand too. It's horrible not being able to pass wind or poop. I'm almost 6 mths post op and I still have wind problems but that's down bowel issues that I'm hoping to have sorted.

Hope you find some relief soon. X

• Posted

Hi Karen i think the crying is part of it i did the same on day four felt if i was post natal . Do belive its all part of your body recoveringi had to stay in a extra few days as had problems with catheter. And also could not empty bowel. Came home on day 7 and eventually when on day 8 the longest ive ever gone. Boy did i feel better after amazing . As you said the pain of wind is awful. Once home i increased my intake of very hot tea and took extra bowel softner . Glad to say it worked and then wind started to go. I would not start your pelvic exercisers for at least 3 weeks to let everything settle down and heal. Promise it does get better. But dont over do it listen to your body Im now 14 days post op. Feeling better each day but today i walked to much .and god does my body know it tonight. So just take your time .hopefully you will go the loo tomorrow and things will start to improve. Thinking of you and hope you are better tomorrow big hugs xx x
    • Posted

Hello you, I've been whoop whoop thank goodness had to remove all my clothing and sit there a while but it wasn't as bad as I expected :-) I think you stop yourself in a way don't you! I'm managing to walk little and often done the stairs twice today and needed a 45 min kip :-) the wind is still as bad and my bladder can hardly hold but I'm sure with time this will ease :-) I want a big cry but even that hurts hehehehehe tiny steps hey 👋 thank you for your advice and hope you continue to heal well xx

• Posted

Hello there, I tried all sorts and the one thing that's worked for me is movicol I think it's called took it with water then hey presto :-) relief! Still bad wind but peppermint tea is easing my way :-) want a big cry but even that hurts, you feel like you have been to war... but I'm sure once I'm passed the early stages I will be thank ful :-) thank you for your advise and I hope you gain some ease with your bowel issues xx

• Posted

Morning karen so glad you have been the first one is the hardest. Lol If you understand what i mean ; hopefully everything will start to return to normal and wind will settle.thats the hardest, You doing well with your walking .you will be dancing on the tables come new year just keep resting and sleeping. Im doing ok. Think i over done it yesterday as walked a bit to far. So today having pj day and watching xmas movies. Take care Karen bug hugs xx
    • Posted

Morning you :-) laid in bed the majority of yesterday not a great day kept crying again oh dear hahahaha.... having my staples out tomorrow :-) I'm also having a pj day and films today happy days :-) you continue to rest up and take care xx

• Posted

Morning you .. How did the removal of staples go hope you are ok. .and keep away from sad films to start you crying. But also not to many funny ones dont want to burst your scar so keep to toy story cant go wrong there. Have a good wkend xx
    • Posted

Morning there.... staples out were great hardly felt anything :-) cried when the nurse had finished (what an emotional wreck I am) I couldn't want I'm a Celeb the other night it killed to laugh! It's BFG and a takeaway tonight happy days! Have a lovely weekend 😁 Xx

• Posted

Yes it's normal as I had trouble going when I had mine done it does sort it self out I remember it was painful at first but I did go eventually good luck hope you home soon x

• Posted

I'm home now Hun glad to be at home :-)

When do you start your pelvic floor excersises I'm walking little and often my body tells me to sit down after 5 mins :-) xx

• Posted

Yes that's true I had to sit down every 5 mins but it gets easier to be honest I didn't do any as I was too busy thinking about getting better I just went for short walks every day 10 mins to start with and walking more gradually x

• Posted

I started my pelvic floor exercises after about 3-4 weeks. My gyny physio said it was ok as long as I didn't do too much. If it hurts to stop. I started doing about 3 about 3times a day and built it up. I got the squeezy app for my phone which is a pelvic floor app by the NHS. It helps to record what and when you've done them. X

• Posted

I've downloaded the App thank you will start week 3-4 :-) x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.