hysterectomy with LS

Posted , 9 users are following.

I may be facing having a hysterectomy and I'm worried if it will make my LS flair up. Has anyone in our group had one?

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi is this a vaginal op ? I am due to have a vaginal op to repair a prolapsed bladder and bowel soon and have LS and LP and was wondering the same thing. I have an appointment with my dermatologist at the end of the week and it's something I was going to ask her.
    • Posted

I'm not sure, I see my gynecologist on Monday. I have a prolapse but not sure what has prolapsed. Surgery might be both

since I also have a large fibroid tumour in my uterus as well. Trying not yo stress but it is overwhelming me right at the

moment. Let me know what your doc says about the LS and your surgery. Hope your apt goes well.

• Posted

I've had a hysterectomy done, but that was before I knew I had LS.  

Another experience is my reaction to anti biotics.  My LS was stopped in its tracks because of it.  But not every person reacts the same to anti biotics, which are no doubt used with this surgery.  Do you know how your body reacts or has reacted to anti biotics?  

• Posted

Lets then hope that you react the way I did - LS stopped for the time being.  It will give you time to heal from the surgery.
  • Posted

I too had the hysterectomy before i knew i had LS i am not sure it will make much difference only perhaps the stress of worrying about it.  Good luck.
    • Posted

You're probably right about the worrying. Really trying to give it to God and wait and see what the doc says.
  • Posted

hello Groky

are you in the uk?

i have LS and a collapsed bladder but dont find it affects the LS

i have to see somone about the collapsed bladder but dont think i want an op

i have been trying pessaries for one year now but none successful

i use double base gel as a vaginal wash and never wear coloured underwear or use coloured toilet paper my gyneo lady said to do this

and to only use non bio for the wash i have had only one flare up in a year and that was just before i was dioaGgnosed with LS

she also told me to take a pill call Omega 7 sea buckthorn oil which helps with moisture for the drying effect on the vagina and again i have found this to work

i am 77

i hope some of this is of use to you

Janette

• Posted

Thank you Janette for sharing. I live in the US. I had heard about passeries but not sure I'd want to deal with those. Might

check out the Omega 7 sea buckthorn oil.

• Posted

Hi Groky, I had a hysterectomy in my early thirties, due to a prolapse.  I have since had an operation on a prolapsed bowel.  Interesting that quite a few of us have been in the same boat! Like Hanny,  antibiotics have a great effect on my LS!  I shouldn't think it will cause a flare-up, but what works for some doesn't work for others.  Good luck and keep in touch!
    • Posted

Thank you Wendy. I will report back what I find out on Monday.
    • Posted

hi wendy

very interested to hear you had relief from LS whilst on anti-biotics. was that just for the time you were on them? or did it continue for any period?

how are you now?

liz

• Posted

Lizziewizzie, the relief from LS due to anti-biotics is only temporary.  It does not cure LS or make it go away forever, unfortunately.  
    • Posted

Hi Lizziewizzie,

I had temporary relief with antibiotics, just whilst I was on the course.  My dermatologist, when I told her, gave me a course for a few weeks in the hope that it would get rid of the LS, but gradually the effect stopped and I decided to stop the antibiotics, as they were just stressing me out!

LS with me is very up and down, depending on how rigid I am with eating.  Cheese seems to be another thing I love but must not eat.  Wish I were a rabbit!  But not the Easter kind! xxx

• Posted

oh thanks for that!

so you're ok with veg ...but do you avoid additives and dairy? is that it?

• Posted

No, I love milk and cheese and enjoy cooking, which often involves adding sauces, ie oyster sauce  - Maggie is great with olive oil in broccoli!  The sauce, I'm not referring to anyone in particular!  I probably should read the contents before using, but what the heck!  I'm not a great lover of bland food!  I love vegetables.
    • Posted

I like veg too. have a look at morrell's website - some planet friendly recipes. x
    • Posted

Hi Wendy, saw doc on Monday. I have a prolapsed bowel, and

My uterine fibroid tumour is now 12 centimeters big and causing problems. So in June I will be having a hysterectomy and bowel reconstruction surgery. Doc also said he didn't think my LS looked any better so he prescribed Clob cream for me.

Hope that helps the LS.

• Posted

It is always better to know what is going on, so now you are informed you can have your operation and get on with your life.   My hysterectomy was amazing!  I didn't suffer at all!  I don't know the medical term but I understand it is like a hoover-job, as opposed to standard cutting!  Best of luck, I will be thinking of you and wishing you well!  love Wendy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.