hysterectomy with LS

Posted , 9 users are following.

I may be facing having a hysterectomy and I'm worried if it will make my LS flair up. Has anyone in our group had one?

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had a hysterectomy and was later diagnosed with Ls too. Although looking back I think I had it when in my twenties. Now 58.

My thought for anyone is not to worry about causing a flare up when having a necessary op because there is always something that causes one eventually.  If you need the op - have it and deal with the aftermath which probably won't be so bad if you don't worry.  We have to put everything into perspective.  Flare ups can be settled.  Good luck.

• Posted

I do need to just have done what needs to be done and not worry about the aftermath. Things usually aren't as bad as you think they will be. Thank you for sharing.
    • Posted

What very sensible advice, thank you. Remember anticipation is usually far more acute than the reality....it works for most areas in life....good and bad. It is usually never as bad as one fears... Or as great as one hopes...

I like to think what is the worst that can happen?, then think of the probability of it doing so ...the two have never coincided to date, so worry is just a waste of time

take care

best wishes Sue

• Posted

Saw doc today. Fond out I have a prolapsed bowel. Will get that fixed and have hysterectomy mid June. Have a fibroid tumour that is about 5 1/2 inchess in diameter as well that has been causing issues as well.

Just done with female issues. Doc gave a prescription for Clob as my

weaker ointment/steroid cream hasn't made much of a difference he said. I do feel good about my decision.

• Posted

Groky, you got a lot on your plate.  Not easy, but you still sound upbeat in your writing, which I admire.  

I think you will indeed do better with Glob ointment.  Remember to put on thin layers.  

Wishing you WELL.

• Posted

Hi groky will this be open surgery or is it being done vaginally. I have a prolapsed bowel and bladder (had hysterectomy 10 years ago) which is being repaired vaginaly in May. I have LS and LP and am concerned that the LP will be made very sore with all the interference, it's bad enough already.
    • Posted

Hi nannylin, this will be n open surgery for the hysterectomy.

Will cut through lower part of stomach above pubic hair line.

Then he said for the bowel prolapse, they will put my feet in the

stirrups and do that making a cut from just below the vagina to

the rectum and make the repair. I'm going to be one sore lady

for awhile. I hope my LS won't be a problem. Going to try to get healthier and mentally ready for the surgery. This site helps

tremendously and all you and the other ladies.

• Posted

Sending you strength and wishing you WELL.
  • Posted

My hysterectomy was the best thing i ever did, felt fitter than i have done for years.  It was before LS so cannot comment on whether it makes a difference but shouldnt really think it would.  Totally seperate issue.  Good luck you will be fine.
    • Posted

Jackie, like to add a small note to your writing.  It is my experience that all our body parts are linked.  After my hysterectomy my thyroid never wanted to be balanced again.  (Till there was the discovery that the adrenals didn't work as they should.  Thyroid and adrenals need to be in balance with each other.)  I would suggest Groky, to keep observing self carefully as to see what kind of changes will be happening in your body. (I had a total hysterectomy) Observe, for instance, the estrogen levels.  
    • Posted

I'll do that. As far as my thyroid, had it out years ago but thyroid levels good with levothyroxin.
    • Posted

hi hanny

i've got an underactive thyroid ...think its the autoimmune version...i'm looking at a number of issues that together might amount to the root cause...and i assume this LS is linked?

• Posted

Of what I understand is that both LS and thyroid problems are auto immune diseases. Often more than one auto immune disease occurs in one person. 
    • Posted

thank you so much hanny. do you have more than one A I  disease? what about a methodology to stop further progression?
    • Posted

Working on it. (ha)  With all the various 'helps' like supplements, hormone replacement,  food choices etc.  

A small victory for the LP in my mouth - my dentist gave me a clean bill of health this week.  The gums looked very good.  Which means that I will keep my teeth.  All it took was:  avoiding spicy foods, brushing teeth with baking soda and do coconut rinses.  All this over a period of one year and of course continuing.  (and I'm sure that my food choices were helping as well)  They also commented on my skin, how it looks better than before.  

• Posted

oh wow that is so brilliantly effervescently exciting and encouraging WELL DONE!! SO IS THAt one down and one to go? Got any other little blips??
    • Posted

That was enough result for the diligent work over a period of one year, don't you think.  Healing simply takes time.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.