Hysteroscopy and Biopsy ( Terrified)

Posted , 13 users are following.

Can i just ask anyone had this procedure.... was you put asleep when u had the hysteroscopy and biopsy....as i went for my pre-op today....and they said i will be awake for my hysteroscopy and biopsy...i am terrified...they said don't worry if it hurts we can give me gas and air OMG!

1 like, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't be afraid - they know what they are doing - if you have any after pain they will tell you what to take - stay calm and relax - for me my cervix was closed up tight and the dr couldn't open me in his office - had to be hospitalized, put under general anesthesia and opened that way - the findings were not the best - I don't have cancer but will be having a complete hysterectomy the end of October - 

• Posted

Hi Jane

You will be fine, your biggest problem is your stress levels, go ahead have it done awake and if you feel uncomfortable , sip a bit of gas,Ull be grand, straight after I had my baby still in the labour ward and the came at me and scraped the insides of my womb and deep clean ,,with all sorts of tools,because I had a bad a bad haemorrhage and tear on my womb the previous birth,

But as soon as I felt any discomfort I took the gas and never felt another thing, high as a kite and right form after it ,and took pain killers so I would t have pain later, the gas is such an advantage your not over medicated, but ask you doctor for a Valium the night before if your stressing yourself out,I would highly recommend that you cut chocolates and I had put on a stone weight and decided to try lose it, noting to do with Mir, I gave up sweets and chocolates fizzy drinks etc, and omg, my stress levels have dropped considerably, I would have always. We. Nervous left on my own, I wouldn't eat if home alone, etc,, and these last ,6 weeks, since my diet, out of nowhere I am fine, not even as highly strung as usually, so much so I was feeling a bit like I was spaced out, I went for my mri yesterday, it never even cost me a thought, but normally things like that , I was stressing for weeks before and couldn't sleep, , I certainly will not be going back eating chi late etc, daily, I can't believe the drop in stress levels, so give it a try woman,out of your diet as of know as the make you super sensitive to stress, I have just had an mri on my back and like you the fear of it, the thought of been enclosed and the. Noise from the machine, I was petrified the minute the told me I was getting one, but coincidently

• Posted

Sorry follow up of my other message,

Coincidently I cut sugar chocolates etc out of my diet my stress levels have dropped so much, I eve feel spaced out sometimes, I'm that relaxed, I can't believe my self, Usually I would be stressed for weeks about stuff like this, I had my mri yesterday, never cost me a thought, I would normally be shi....g my self, I just can't believe how calm I was about the whole thing,, so I would advise you go try the same, cut out sugar sweets choclates, I can't believe the mental effect on stress these foods caused me,,

• Posted

Hi Jane.phone them and ask to have a general anaesthetic then you will know nothing about it hun. i had a general when i had my hysteroscopy several years ago.  Don't be scared hun. xx

• Posted

Thanks looloo....i am just going to go through with it...i had an appointment letter today for oct...but i cant go as i will be on a period...i rang to cancle today...they said they could still do it .....but i'd rather wait untl i'm all clear....so waiting for another date!

• Posted

I had a hysteroscopy the end of Aug - I was put in the hospital and under general anesthetic
  • Posted

UPDATE; I had the hysteroscopy and biopsy done last week...it was a bit uncomfortable and i had slight crampy pain once the camera was in the cervix...plus a bit crampy when biobsy was taken....felt a bit light headed for about 10mins after but was given a cup of tea na d a buiscuit and i went home half an hr later...all in all i panicked for nothing.....waiting for results now! hope this helps anyone else who is worried x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.