Hysteroscopy and Biopsy ( Terrified)

Posted , 13 users are following.

Can i just ask anyone had this procedure.... was you put asleep when u had the hysteroscopy and biopsy....as i went for my pre-op today....and they said i will be awake for my hysteroscopy and biopsy...i am terrified...they said don't worry if it hurts we can give me gas and air OMG!

1 like, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had one in December, a little uncomfortable when they put the speculum in - think thats what it called. but after that it was ok. my doc even made me look at the screen to show me inside my uterus - oh great , thanks  !

I was advised to have a paracetamol beforehand, they said to rest for the rest of the day, but i was back in work the following day and then out on the Christmas do at night. I had a little bit of cramping but not very much at all and no bleeding. I need a polyp rremoved that they found but they said i will have to have a general for that. I am terrified of that though and had it cancelled once because of blood pressure being up on the day. I ahd the results of the biopsies within 2 weeks and all was clear. it didnt hurt when they did the biopsy either. good luck x

• Posted

Thanks pudds....i think my blood pressure will be through the roof on the day....i'm already in a state and i havn't even got my date to get it done!

• Posted

Can I ask why did you have to have a pre op if you're having it done awake please? I am due a GA for hysteroscopy and no pre op it's confusing lol.the panic is building up now and I know I'm going to end up cancelling through sheer terror of the GA !! X

• Posted

Michelle im having it done in the uk.....i think they just do a general one her just checked weight height blood presure...ECG...and a finger prick for anemia....was only ther for half an hr x
    • Posted

and i also thought that myself today....why do a pr-op if im going to be awake....to be honest i think it was a mistake...because at the end of it i had to see another nurse and she said....oh your gynocologist has written down that he want u awake...she went and checked...came back and sed yep ur gonna be awake x
  • Posted

Thanks for replys everyone....still scared though...it seems some people are ok with it and some are not....so i will just have to bite the bullet and see what happens...in the hope that i am not one of the ones who feel it.....believe me if i do...i think the gynocologist will be getting a reflex kick in the face lol x
    • Posted

Jane take ibuprofen and paracetamol and if you have no endo or nodules Iike me you will sail through it like the others.i wish I could know someone who has has it done with endo behind cervix and being awake and see how they felt.i have a high pain threshold but am so scared of having a GA and not waking up I'm seriously thinking of seeing my gp tomorrow to ask if I can try again awake !!! I'm that scared and know I won't get to the hospital through sheer panic xxx

• Posted

I will do Michelle...i will probably overdose myself and walk in there off my head....i havn't got endo...just thickening in the womb....i am more scared of being awake....and your scared of being put to sleep...what are we like....if only we could trade places...why r u scared of GA...have u had a bad experience....i love it haha...i have been sedated to have the camera down my throat...and also had GA for another operation...and its really ok....but i suppose u could say the same to me about being awake x

• Posted

Lol

You made me laugh !!im afraid I won't wake up !!!!!! And I want to ask if I can try again awake with strong mess to help I'm that scared !!!! I want to trade places with you and we would be fine if u are as worried as me and not worried about GA can you not ask for it ?xxx

• Posted

haha, reminds me of when I eventually woke up after my colonoscopy, the woman next to me - a youngish mother actually, told her husband that she wants to have another one as she had such a good deep sleep! What a great attitude! 
    • Posted

Michelle, I don't have the endo nodules as far as I know.BUT I do have the same fear you have I REFUSE to be put to sleep thats why I got a new GYN! I think the same as you I wont wake up! My sister won't get anything done unless they knock her out lol  me and my sister are TOTALLY opposites!

• Posted

Glad i put a smile on your face michelle...i think its a cost saving thing...they like to try and do it while your awke first...any problems they will stop...then i get to go back another time and be under GA x
    • Posted

Iana.....it was amazing though haha...when i woke up i couldn't stop laughing...and i asked could i have some to take home....they sed thats the same stuff that michael jackson used to get off his dr to put him to sleep every night>>>i sed well no wonder he had that dr livng with him lol x

• Posted

That was the sedation one  Michelle...so don't be worried....as you know micheal jackson never woke up....but he had loads of it....i actually sound like a bit of a loon now don't i....wHAT i'm trying to say is THAT WASN'T THE GA...if u know what i mean x why am i even talkin about michael jackson>>>>im going to bed now...tas been a llong day haha x

• Posted

Just tell your doctor to give you something to calm your nerves, like Valium and you should sail through without any discomfort.
    • Posted

Hi thank god someone thinks like me !!! I thought you had a nodule behind cervix am I wrong ? Xxx
    • Posted

No not that I know of Michelle, I was asking you for info and education on all this female issues that you was having as some is new to me. Sorry for confusing you. 
    • Posted

That's ok 😊😊I haven't slept all night panicking there's no way I will go through with it I just know xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.