I always think I'm dying and I have cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is so lime!. Am 33 year old. I have 3 kids right now I feel like rock bottom! I panic and I always think in my head what ifs. Meaning what if this is wrong with me or what if that is wrong with me!. It's drive me crazy!. It's like am in my own little bubble all I think of the worse all the time! It's not fair on my kids or on my girlfriend!. I should be the stong one! Keeping the family together!. Right now I am like the child and she the mum! So bad! I hate it!. I can't work because of this! I stopped gym! All over acid reflux! Because I think it's going to kill me! Am so bad and a sorry excuse of a man!. And I mean that.... We are might to live life and enjoy it. Easy said and done. Is the anyone in the same boat? I had this since a child it comes and gos the way I think..

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

give yourself a break! anxiety is terrible for anyone, and it isn't easy to get on top of by yourself. sounds like you have young kids and a girlfriend depending on you and that is a lot of responsibility. you are only human! don't beat yourself up about "not being a man". being a man means being smart enough and brave enough to know when you need some help or guidance to get control back. don't get caught up in stereotypes that make you feel bad. like you say yourself, life is worth living!

i agree with the advice to go to therapy and find ways to practice breath control and relaxation. that will help you calm yourself down to focus on countering your negative thoughts. it takes work and practice and comittment to make this part of your way if life. you can do it! good luck with the cbt. i think it will help you - if you're ready to work at getting better.

take care!

• Posted

Yeah your right there Lena!' Brains going! All the time!. I wake up it pops into your head! It's horrible. It's a sad lonely place when you think of the dark side!. And wonder what happens next.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.