I am 25 years old male suffering from urinary problems since two months.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am peeing less amount of urine even thought there is a feeling of urgency.There is a burning and painish feeling in urethra, pain in pelvic region and lower back and feeling of fatigue.I have checked with a very senior urologist and all of my tests are normal and there is no kindey stone ,no infection, no blood in urine. no prostate infection. He told me i am fine but the symptoms are not subsiding. Can anyone here please help me if they faced similar situation and how it got treated.

P.S : I was diagnosed with kidney stone and stomach infection three months back and these symptoms have started since then. I believe it was an incorrect sinograph that showed kidney stone but I still took medicines for it.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I think you have a small kidney stone lodged somewhere in your bladder. Bits of it are coming off and possibly passing through your urine. That is why you're feeling the burning pain in your urethra.

Believe me, I know since I have passed a few myself.

Did the doctor do an ultrasound to detect any stones or anomalies? Stones less than 3mm or those sitting behind a bone are not detected by USG machines.

I would ask you to just stay put and continue to have 3 to 4 litres of water daily.

That should help

• Posted

Thanks a lot.

I have had Ultrasound KUP and reports were normal. I asked him if it is Cystitis and he responded NO to that. 

• Posted

Right. See, a big stone will be found on the USG. When they cannot be seen that is when the docs ask for a IVP CT scan.

A big stone (more than 3mm) will cause you pain that will make you pass out. Small ones feel like UTIs.

I passed a 2.5 mm one last August. Prior to that I had occasional back and pelvic region pain for two to three years. I didn't think anything of it. But I always wondered why my urine was often yellow or orange. I used to have nearly clear pr straw urine before 2011.

I initially had one episode of gross hematuria last year. Then there was nothing for a month. Then three to four episodes? of gross hematuria followed by a heavy feeling on left ball. The hematuria become microscopic and it stopped after two months. All this time I did four routine urinalysis to detect RBCs over these two months. The results went from numerous RBC to 0-1.

The heavy feeling on my left ball was so annoying that I had stopped wearing underwear for a few weeks. I could not bring my two legs together because of that feeling. I had gone to three docs. Only one had suspected a small stone. He had asked me to do the IVP Scan. But I didn't do it because that test is quite uncommon where I live.

Then started the pin like pain from my abdominal region that seemed to be traveling downwards with every passing day. Finally passed the stone one morning after a burning sensation in my urethra.

The docs wouldn't understand or want to understand our anxiety. They figure since the stone cannot be seen and possibility of all other 'culprits' have been eliminated, it's probably a stone. Some will care enough to tell you while others won't.

But that is the thing.

• Posted

Thanks brother.

I am also having this annoying feeling of pain in urethra ( a feeling like its hurt ), lower back, near pevlic region and spreads through legs everyday and vomitting sensation which relieves when I take homeopathy medicine.I have a couple of things to ask:

Is it the same that you used to feel.

Water is not helping much in relieving urethral pain. Any medicine that I should take.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi,

I'd talked to a few people who had history of kidney stones. Most of them had intense pain that drove them to the ER and after CT scan and similar tests the stone was found.

A friend of mine was given two options: surgery or simply giving the stone time to pass by itself. He drank a lot of water and eventually passed it.

You need to be sure that the stone is causing this. For this, you'd need to do that IVP Urogram test. They'll inject a dye and then ask you to lie on the x-ray table as cameras will continue to take pics till the dye rushes out of your urethra.

Also, please know that some people suffer little or no after effects after a stone passage. But others like me go through anxiety hell as the stone is most likely ripping its way through the veins and urethra as it is moving. It took me more than a year to come back to normal.

As for medicines, the doctor had asked me to try Urofit (potassium citrate).

Also, after doing some research I have started having green tea. Also I have apple cider vinegar with water. These two are helpful for kidney and other organs. ACV dissolves kidney stones. I have been experiencing great results.

Also I have stopped intake of soft drinks, green leave type veggies, curbed potato consumption and also additional salt and sugar with food items. Try having 500 ml of water with few drops of ACV after waking up in morning daily. The taste will be bitter but it's still better than the ordeal of passing a kidney stone.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I had a plain CT Scan today and the report is normal. So I am not really sure now what is causing it. If it is UTI, it should have come in urine tests. I believe it is the stone which has caused problems in the urethra tube while going outside.

I will take your suggestion and will keep on drinking water and will habe anyibiotic along with it.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi

I have same symptoms from last 4 years. All the laboratory tests are normal, also no any kidney stone. My doctor performed cystoscopy and found I have urethral stricture due to which urethral tube becomes narrow and gives painful and burning sensation. Unfortunately I m still suffering from same problem after detection of stricture. But ayurvedic medicines gives some relief to my condition...

• Posted

Thanks daulat.

One of the urologist also advised me for cystoscopy but I did not do it as i was afraid of it.

"You still have it" does it mean there is no cure and if you could please share the ayurvedic medicine name, it will be helpful for me.

• Posted

Hi Guys,

I checked with other urologist today and he told me that I have chronic non bacterial prostatitis and gave medicines for a week.

I have done some research and found that it's treatment is not easy. Can anyone please suggest me how should I cure myself.

• Posted

Vibhor,

Prostatitis is like the Autism of urology. Whenever urologists can't find what is wrong, they throw in that word.

Two urologists had also thought that I have prostatitis. But I checked my PSA, my uroflow and other signs (I wake up once during night, no pain in perineum and so on

• Posted

) and found after consulting two more that I do not have it.

Please check out a number of them before you come to a conclusion.

Even if you do have it, I believe you may have found out already that this can be managed if not entirely cured.

Thanks

• Posted

Yes, I had it an year back but at that time there was more of dribbling after urination but now it is much worse hence not able to manage the symptoms. The pain , too much of fatigue and weakness, it is there since 3 months. I checked with three urologists. The senior most told me I have nothing and asked me to control the symptoms while the other two told me about pelvic pain syndrome.

When I asked the first doctor that the symptoms are not going, he told me to go for cystoscopy to which I said No as I thought nothing will come out of it and eventually the CT scan report comes out to be nornal.

I am still figuring out to control it. If you have some suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

• Posted

Try some exercise. I tend to walk 2 to 3 kilometres. I believe weight and alcohol are two of the biggest irritants for prostatitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.