I am a loser

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 26 years old and I live in South Asia. Sorry if this is too long. I just had to pen my thoughts down . .

South Asian parents are infamous for how mean they can be to their kids, my mom has anger issues and Everytime she got mad at me she would beat me up, pull my hair, bang my head on the wall. . Anything

It started when I was a little kid and ended (well not really) when I moved to Canada in 2011 to study.

I had big dreams, I hated how narrow minded people in my country were and also it's very dirty like the streets, the rivers everything it's one of the most polluted countries in the world. So I wanted to settle in Canada. Alot of people have done it, all I had to do was finish my diploma and get a managerial job(it's mandatory to apply for permanent residency).

I go there and there is a huge culture shock, I'm living with my aunt and her family at this point and while they were very nice on their visits to my house, when I went to theirs it was a completely different story. I won't get too much into that. But basically a year later I had a huge accident, broke both my legs couldn't walk,. Had to come back to my country and took a gap year. My mother was abusive to me while I was on bed rest and totally dependent on her.

I get better, start walking, my aunt and uncle try to convince my dad to not send me back to Canada. He somehow didn't agree so they said that I couldn't live with them anymore when I was back. So I go back, find a place, complete my diploma. At this point I had. Just got out of college and had a 3 year work permit. My parents wanted me to come back and stopped paying for me so I took the first job I could find to make ends meet. This was at a grocery store.

I met someone there, well we kind of flirted but he was flirting with other girls too and it made me kind of upset. I was really head over heels in love with this guy (don't judge me, I don't know how it happened too).

So I basically quit that job because it was making me very depressed and also I needed a managerial job to get PR and began looking. I found one in this small store run by a Jewish guy (not judging or stereotyping) I worked there for quite a bit, at this point that guy wanted to see me so we met a couple of times, I kept on falling more and more for him. He was playing mind games with me though still but I couldn't stop myself. He would meet me and then disappear for sometime and then come back again. This one time I saw him in the mall I was working at, then I saw him in a helmet on a bike (I recognize by his eyes). Then I would see this black car everywhere I go it was like a truck.

One night I got out of my house, it was raining and this car was right outside my door, as I came out he started reversing, I started walking the other way, a few minutes later I turned around and the car was still there. Looking at me.

I decided to tell the police, the Canadian police couldn't care less for a South Asian girl being stalked. They weren't too nice to me while writing the complaint and. Didn't really do much about it.

As days passed by I started seeing him more and more. I have always suffered with anxiety and depression so I was starting to go a bit crazy, I started smoking too much weed, I got too paranoid. I even thought my friends were involved. I cut ties with all my friends.

One day on my way to work I fell and got a concussion and my boss fired me coz I needed a few days off. By now I had one 1.5 years left on my work permit and I had to start over.

I couldn't find a job and I was in a very bad frame of mind because of that guy, I loved him so much and all I ever wanted was to just be with him, but he just stalked me and never responded to my texts or calls.

I decided to move from Toronto to Saskatoon. Got a job there, I got a great job as a store manager but unfortunately I got fired from there. Saskatoon is small town and I was one of the few South Asians there. Everyone in the mall knew me, noone would hire me at this point and I was kind of a joke. I was so upset that I went to that store and broke a candle in rage. I was banned from that mall and had to spend the night in jail.

The weeks and months that followed saw me deteriorating mental health wise. I would just sit at home and drink, watch tv. That's basically all I did for a year.

I saw that guy in Saskatoon and lost my mind, I came back home and started drinking like crazy and started yelling "please leave me alone" , "stop coming after me". I was taked to the mental health hospital, locked in a room. I was just allowed to make one call to my father back in India and I remember all I said was, "please take me back right now" he was on his way.

I was given a proper room the next day in the psychiatrist ward or whatever.

It was one of the last days in Canada and that guy was my nurse (I know noone will believe this part) he came to me and said I had schizophrenia. I was so shocked and confused I didn't say anything to it. I just believed that I was the crazy one and kept going with it. He appeared to have gained like a 100 pounds. Same voice, same face.

That was the last time I saw him. I still don't know what happened, these questions will always remain unanswered. How was he just allowed to act like a nurse and no I don't have schizophrenia.i got it checked when I came back. Have never seen him again since I got back to my country.

I still suffer from acute depression and anxiety. Think about him everyday, it's been a couple of years. Wonder why he couldn't love me back? Wonder why someone would do that do someone?

People say that when something horrible happens to someone it usually has a silver lining.

I'm 26, I'm fat now, I have a very low grade job with less salary, very less it's not in the same field that I studied for and I suck at it like big-time. For love, I won't ever be able to love someone again. The pain? It just never stops even for a second. The country and the mom? They still suck the life out of me although I will mention she doesn't hit me as much. I have no future, I wasted all my dad's money and I'm a failure at 26. And my dream of living in a nicer country? Well it's still a dream but with no chances of being fulfilled now coz there's absolutely nothing I can do.

Thanks for reading if you read the whole thing, pls don't judge me.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Reha

I've just finished reading you're post & I must say it certainly sounds like you have been through a lot the last few years. With a few unpleasant and probably scary experiences... so I m sorry to read what you have had to endure. I'm also sorry to read your mum assaults you and still does. No way should an adult hit another adult family or not. I understand it must be hard where you live as I guess this is accepted as the norm possibly in you're area. Either way it's still abuse.

Do you still live at home? Is there anyway you could try get you're own place so you can be out of that environment? As it can't be good for your mental health..

Regarding what you experienced whilst living in Canada, it sounds like it was quite an intense but unstable period of your life. I'm maybe wondering if you were suffering some sort of breakdown or psychosis at the time..

As for your life, future etc... you are still young. 26 is still young. Please don't give up on your aspirations and dreams.. Yeah you had a bad experience before but you are wiser now and you would, I'm sure , manage study, or whatever you wanted to do.

Your life is not over, not if you don't want it to be. I hope you will find the courage to once again believe in yourself.

I wish you all the best. Take care

Lisa x

• Posted

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for your kind inputs. I really appreciate them.

• Posted

I don’t know what to say really ... apart from that you have made me very emotional and upset .
    • Posted

Because your story touched my heart so deeply and I feel so sorry for you that you had to expierence that all crap and living hell .i just can’t understand your mother you know I would dream to have a such a strong and unbelievable doughter like you ,that what hurts me most because you need lots of attention care and support especially now after that all what happened In your life  ,you just a girl In that lonely world . 
    • Posted

Thank you so much. That is very sweet. Brought me to tears. Sometimes word of kindness are all you need.
  • Posted

Hello Reha, I could never judge you nor hurt you in any way. All you wanted to do was better yourself and you had so many bad things happen to you. My heart is sad for all that has happened to you. It's not your fault. Reha don't let anyone shame you or blame you. You have done nothing wrong. 

Now you have your diploma. Why don't you apply for a visa to the US? Try again. You deserve it. Get some counseling. Can you get antidepressants in your country? Diane

• Posted

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your kind words. It is very difficult to get a US Visa these days and I have a diploma but my work experience is not that impressive, I don't know if I'll be a good candidate.

I have been on antidepressants before but I feel like they're not helping and end up discontinuing them. Have they really helped anyone you know?

• Posted

Hello Reha. I have been helped a great deal from antidepressants and I have been blessed in that as have I benefited from therapy. Everyone has to decide that for themselves as each individual. Reha I would still apply for a visa to all the countries that you are interested in then you will have done all you can do. Are you still interested in leaving your country? While preparing for that you can continue to build a good work history where you are and work on your mental health. What do you think? Diane
    • Posted

Hello Diane,

Yes I will start researching now.

Thanks,

Reha

• Posted

I understand you as I also had to live my home country and searched for better future ,can you tell me please what is your dream now and what you want in your future Reha 
    • Posted

Really want to get out of this country to live a better life. Do something meaningful with my life. Make my dad proud.
    • Posted

I understand that you want to get out of there ,first thing is you need to get yourself strong mentally because to face a new world you will need to be stronger than ever ,just set up a goal and step by step walk towards it .i know it’s hard for you as you need visa permissions to most of the countries, where you think you can see yourself living ? Which part of the world 
    • Posted

Anywhere that's better than here to be honest but let's not get into that now I do not really have the means to fulfill my dream.

For now I guess I need to find a way to get away from this pain and really move on. I just wish to feel happy again someday.

• Posted

You really are one strong girl I believe anf feel that ,you can do really well in your life ,do you know why ? Because whatever you expierenced didn’t kill you just made you stronger you are a winner all you need to do is just helping hand and lots of reassurance .regarding pills don’t take it you are strong enough to get over it without that crap .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.