I am anxious about taking Mirtazapine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I have a very stressed life, which is causing me to have anxitey attacks, and also making me moody, I find no joy in my life, so I went to the doctors and he gave me mirtazapine and some propranol, but I haven't taken any yet, as I am very anxious about taking them, just so scared in case they make me feel weird or make me feel like a zombie, as I have children to see to, I am one of these people who research everything, but then I scare myself LOL. so now I am sat here looking at the box of tablets and I don't know what to do sad 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do the same thing so don't feel bad. But in all actuality, it's good that you take the time to research as well! We live in a society now where Docs will prescribe really fast and sometimes that's not so good either. You obviously have ALOT on your plate. And having kids to take care of is a valid concern. But you've got to take care of yourself as well. Take some much needed rest for yourself by walking, going to a movie with friends, whatever you can find to distract you from everyday life. Even a long warm bubble bath and some music! If that's your thing. See if you can find someone to watch the little ones for a bit and just have some you time. I find Passion Flower and Skull Cap help me as they are a natural way to go you won't have to worry about side effects.

Be good to yourself...

Michele

• Posted

Thanks Michele your reply as hepled me, I agree Doctors are too fast to throw pills at us, when it is not always what we need, I like to research tablets, and I have found that these have bad withdrawal symptoms so making them hard to come off, I have not taken them, I will try your herbal advice, I would love to get a good nights sleep, keep waking at 4am, I would love my anxiety to go, but I know all this is down to the stressed life I have. I hope this message finds you well and happy. 
  • Posted

Hi I have taken Propranol 80mg SR for the last 7 years I to have a extremely stressful life and job. They were prescribed originally for anxiety and migraine and they have really helped. I did come off them for about a 2 weeks and it was a complete nightmare. I have recently started mirtazpine 30mg and dropped down to 15mg. For me they have done what it says on the tin. I can't praise them enough, they help me drift off to sleep rather than 'knock me out' sleep and I wake up fine. No fuzzy head no dry mouth. The only downside is the weight gain and fluid but if you can control this with a bit of exercise and watching what you eat, they are fab. I would rather be a bit bigger and happy than how was before.
    • Posted

Thanks Claire for your reply, yes the weight gain is something I can't afford to have, as I have fatty liver disease and to get better I need to lose weight, so why my doc put me on these I do not know?  I am still here looking at the box, thinking is it really worth  taking them, when I my liver could get worse, I would love a good nights kip more than anything but I don't think I can take the risks. I am so pleased that you are feeling better on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.