I am having a bad sinus infection and post nasal drip for about two months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I have an ongoing sinus infection for about two months. I never had fever but had a period of pain in my sinuses. I have a white thick post nasal drip. I went to an ENT doctor and he prescribed me Augmentin for ten days and it didn't work. Then, he switched it to Levaquin and it has been 7 days and I still have the same problem. If both of these antibiotics failed, does it mean it is not bacterial?

I have a CT scan scheduled for Thursday. I will ask doctor for a culture test.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You should know, Sinus infections can also be as a result of fungus. Though this is not common but it happens. The solution is surgery. I just hope yours is not as bad.

I would gladly make a recommendation of a natural supplement I know that is most effective against sinus infections

• Posted

I did a culture test from my Sphenoid sinuses and it grew MRSA. Doctor said the strain of MRSA I have is susceptible to Bactrim. He prescribed me 14 days of Bactrim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.