I am hooked on zopicion

Posted , 10 users are following.

my name is wendy , I have had lots of Heath problems for the last two years which our all on going , I can not relax at night & pain keeps me a woke , I don't think that I would this be hear if I did not have them , but now half the time they don't help me sleep . I am thinking of buying some off internet so I can try taking more , but I know how da genres they are 😞 can any body help me 

0 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

In the UK you have to have a prescription and there is a site that takes your order and issues one, really still wrong as I ordered 100 pills a time, a real live phamacy made up the presciption and I also checked with the company thta made them here, all was 100% above the law, I think I would have been hald dead on 7 7.5 a night phew, I was  only on one, any way with My Dr put me on 3.75 a night and just 1 and if I (Thought) i was going to have a bad Id take 2, this week I have cut the 3.75 in half and found it was enough to relax me and I selpt fine, the best so far, however I had one bad night after a late night out, could not sleep and took 3 halfs, so tonight I will take 1 half 1.88 and see , I do think some of it is in the mind sometime other issues keep you awake, but no matter what they cannot be good for you-wendy  do try and cut them in half, if just for a night or 2 the worse that can happen is you dont sleep and the other half is there waiting for you
  • Posted

i had an exchange earlier with tenthirty about stopping zopiclone, which is what I did in February 2015. I can say that if I knew I could have had a supply of the pills forever I would still be on them. It was the way it was taking over my life that made me stop, seeing a doctor reluctant to prescribe, getting them online, always running out, living in constant fear and wanting to sleep to get away from problems, all these things were enough of a motivation and I stopped -  for me cold turkey was the only way. This is not for everyone. 

Posters are correct about it being in the head, the physical dependence on zopiclone was over in less than a month, the psychological dependence still comes at times, even though a lot less now. I remember thinking I will save the 77.00 I spent every month online for pills and save it and buy something nice for my grandchild, but at the time, I really would have preferred the pills to that. Fast forward to now, I have actually had a great summer, planted a garden, painted my patio, learned how to do some renovations, spent time with my grandchild, and bought not one but quite a few gifts. I am rediscovering life and I am sleeping really very well, 9 hours a night and I do not wake, because of course, I'm no longer in constant withdrawal which is what happens with zopiclone or any other benzo.

I'm in Canada, we have a lady here named rita chretien was was lost in the desert for 7 weeks a few years ago and she was found alive, and when I was going through rough patches with zopiclone withdrawal, I would think about her, how she made it out there alone, and survived, and it would give me courage to carry out my simple life, a life which I now appreciate and love, and don't want to sleep it away.

I will post again in the future, but this will be my last post for now, because I still feel the pull of zopiclone at times even after all these months, so I stay away and focused on other things, things which make me happy and life worth living. I just wanted posters to know that even after you stop taking the drug, the pull will be there for months, and my belief is that it takes several years before you can feel safe away from the drug. This drug, which seems so amazing at first, has created much misery.

• Posted

I just wanted to say Marie I saw your lovely message just now and our messages here have given me so much hope. I have taken 1/16 tab for the last two nights... so have come down again ... sleep okay woke twice and found settling back again hard but I WILL succeed!! Thank you smile x
  • Posted

well done, to be honest I dont mind waking up 2 or 3 times in the night, Hey im a 60 year old man lol, but for its the getting off to sleep, so im really trying now to vut it down, 
    • Posted

I'm not crazy about waking up 2-3 times a night tbh ... last night I woke up at 5.00 am with head buzzing with nonsense worries. Could not get back to sleep so took 2 Panadol which sorted it out. So got about 7+ hours sleep. It's tough ... I could not have done it cold turkey .. it's been 3 months since I started weaning off them. I hope I won't trip up. It's holiday times I worry about funnily enough. I've also given up alcohol as that compounds the insomnia coupled with anxiety for about 2 months now.

I really wish I didn't have this 'dependent gene' ... it's a familial thing and I could do without! smile

• Posted

My doc says 7 hours is good, now I dont get up till 9am so I go to sleep around 2am , that is helping me by making it 7 hours, I am trying for 1am and get up at 8am.

I dont think you will do better than that and I would say that if I wake at 5am I get up potter about and go back to bed, but I understand the rubbish thats in your head, where does it come from--are you in the UK--I think you almost there you know, werid thing for me now i go to bed with 2 hot water bottles  lol, wonderful

• Posted

Hallo again! Yes I'm in UK.. all my long life! I'm glad 7 hours is okay. I get to bed about midnight and sleep until 8 if I'm lucky.... and wake up and take the Rescue Remedy with water about twice on the night. The rubbish in my head are just silly anxieties' that seem like monsters in the night!!lol. I've had this insomnia a my life... it's horrid and then a life event made it bad 21 years ago when my husband died tragically at 50. That's life... funny old game. You're nearly there you know as well. Pat yourself on the back. smile
    • Posted

12 - 8 is my goal, Had a good night last night , but on a 3.75, my thinking is after 19 months I am down 50% and 75% on a good night, , so sorry to hear about your husband, 21 years is a long time, but, must feel like yesterday.

I too have it many years, My dr is understanding and happy that Im trying to deal with this, I am now happy as well in that I have stopped worring how much sleep I get and I did worry every day and anxiety was that part, I do have other silly ones as well, any small/large problem had to be dealt with right away, I would things were 10 times worse than they are, so Im trying to push those away and almost get an "I dont care now " attitude.

we will get there,

• Posted

Yes we'll get there. I've had to do this weaning off myself as I bought them online unbeknown to my GP. I was too ashamed and had such guilt about it. But it's good and going well I feel. I try not to think too far ahead, and live day to day. The anxiety is much better since I started quitting, and so is my immune system. Don't get depressed or think too much negative stuff. You'll be fine... you're right about not worrying about hours of sleep, cos one will make it up the next night. I don't have a work schedule now so that's good! smile
    • Posted

Sorry looking at your post again ..you're right again! ... the anxiety was magnified with those tablets too... the fear was irrational... Thank you for picking that side effect too!

My daughter noticed since June I was much calmer... but she doesn't know why! I'm too ashamed to tell her too that I was hooked on online meds. She'd be shocked with me. I guess in a few years time I might confess.

• Posted

Your right I think, I do feel better, sometimes I do think will I sleep tonight and it goes, I do a colouring book think on my tablet untill im drowsy, lol, it works, I will say this, I have told almost everyone, no one thinks that way, maybe its time to tell, say you some support and you need her help and tell her, I bet she wont be shocked, im sure she has needed something
    • Posted

are you under your doctor now ?, I am, I plucked the courage to go, I first asked for a phone call, spoke to a duty doctor, then he said it was wonderful, I had made the first step and to see my Dr and there would be other options too, councelling etc, drug depenancy, well, my Dr is amazing and said I dont need anything like , she would help and she has, I how go to slimming world for weight loss, I walk the dogs more, I cycle at home, I lost almost 2 st in weight and I feel good about life again
    • Posted

I like to listen to music and put the sleep timer on for 30 minutes and I'm usually asleep when it goes off! I don't think I could tell my kids... I will in time I know when I'm finished with it. I do get support from a girl friend who was on them and developed tolerance to them quickly and took 3 a night for a while. She went to a sleep clinic and they've been brilliant but for me it was too expensive.

Life is good really & I really didn't expect that I would ever be at this stage of reducing Zopiclone forever. It's good isn't it. smile

• Posted

Your story is wonderful! Good on you! The thought of telling Doctor fills me with terror. I'll be okay. I'm nearly there! My next plan is to lose wright. I haven't a dog but have been thinking of getting one. Little steps & big changes for the better eh! smile
    • Posted

well I can promise you , the dr will be fine about it, you no longer have to buy them either, they will help you and if you come 100% or 50% or 75% thats fine, but they know what your doing, taking and they will help,  best thin I ever did, I went for 3 months and now I re order without seeing her, but I can phone or call in, a dog is wonderful, we have little monsters (westies)
    • Posted

I'll be okay yes as I've come down from them to so little now..this friend who was dependant on them too is amazed at my progress! I'm doing better in many ways as the sleep clinic still prescribe her a very small dose of a benzodiazepine... a route I never want to take.

I love Westie dogs but my huge favourite are mini wire dachshunds! I've had two who lived a long time! smile

• Posted

You are amazing, and your right , I was offered something extra by my DR and a friend who is a doctor said thats what he does , but then you have 2 things
    • Posted

Yes two things to worry about & I don't think it's the answer either. As long as you know what all the side effects are and can cope with them ... which can be tough... you'll be okay. It's incredible how one damn little tablet can be so devastating. sad but it is looking up all the timesmile
    • Posted

Counselling is a sheer waste of time, and a waste of money.  I once went to see one and he just sat in his chair and listened for an hour, looked at his watch and  said come back in two months...  I let this go on a few times without achieving anything, and then it dawned on me that I was just being used as a mug.  I was doing all the coming and going and he was doing nothing AND GETTING PAID FOR IT. Wish I'd had a job like that. Any  sympathetic ear from a friend or relative would achieve more.
    • Posted

I'm sorry that you have a poor opinion of counsellors. I found them wonderful in the light of my late husbands tragic early death and again this year when my head was in a muddle.... I guess it's finding the right one. It saved me taking antidepressants and bottling up my grief. They were a life saver. To talk your troubles out if your system for me was the right approach. Take Care smile
    • Posted

well done we can do this on our own, I think it does depend on the person, the counsellor and the problem as well, certainly on the death of a loved one, aving someone to talk to must be a great help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.