I am in a panic ..please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I can't keep living this way, everything I stop the val cyclo virtual I week later it comes back..this time I had a rash under my left breast, 2 weeks ago it was under my right breast...I start the meds asap, because before I caught on to this issue..I was laid up for a week unable to function with stabbing back pain..and Dr's. Refused to diagnose it as shingles because of no rash

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Shoelady..merry....does this make sense?.?...i spent alot of time and money in the vitamin stores....i had bought a few months back somthing called..MEGAFOODS. TURMERIC whole body strength..for inflammation..started it yesterday and feeling better then i wascwith the nreve pain..
    • Posted

I think that's a little fast, but everyone is different. I do believe turmeric can help, but make sure it is in the form of the actual food. There are very good organic powders that you can put in your smoothies. Or you can get turmeric root and grind it up yourself. Turmeric is great for inflammation, which helps reduce pain.

• Posted

Has anyone tried nervesta by rejuvica?....that is on my list also
  • Posted

Wow NERVESTRA is on my list as of right now....it has every thing in it for nerve pain..TURMERIC...b12 b1 b6....i have read great reviews...im taking the megafoods TURMERIC whole body right now...had a lil better then normal day with this nerve... i am tryinb very very hardpain
  • Posted

Also i may try Quantum Leap makes a Neuro qutrol.....this is also on my christmas in july list..lol..anyone wanna do a gift exchangd with me...lol...kidding...i am buying this asap...i am going to win this over...and put this behind me
  • Posted

Can someone please tell the difference in valcyclovir, acyclovir abd famcyclovir?
    • Posted

Dana,

As you know, they are all antiviral medications.

Acyclovir is the oldest drug with five times daily dosing and the cheapest.

Valcyclovir is based on Acyclovir and is three times daily dosing. If you have difficulty swallowing tablets, these are larger tablets.

Famciclovir is the newest of the three and is three times daily dosing. This pill is easier to swallow than Valcyclovir, and for some is less resistant to the varicella virus when you have recurrent episodes of Herpes Zoster Shingles. Famciclovir is the medication I choose as I develop swallowing problems with Herpes Zoster Shingles and Valcyclovir is more difficult to swallow. Acyclovir and Valcyclovir stopped helping me with the recurrent episodes.

I hope this helps you. I find that if I take it at the first sign of an episode it really does help stop the replication of the virus, and therefore, the duration and intensity of the pain.

I am pretty sure that told you to Google Herpes and follow high Lysine low Arginine diet. It really helps to suppress the varicella virus. It does take a month or so until your body starts healing.

I know you are in a panic mode, and I have been wondering, when reading your posts, how to respond to your requests for help. I have been rather ill with an unrelated problem during the last two weeks. The anxiety you have is understandable, as this is a vicious disease. I take an anticonvulsant Topiramate for the neurogenic pain and an antidepressant, as well. The antidepressant I am on is indicated for for the Post Herpetic Neuralgia, and I am certain that the Topiramate and Venlafaxine have helped reduce markedly the intensity and prevent the Post Herpetic Neuralgia. What I am suggesting is to consider counseling for your anxiety. It is extremely difficult to have to bring in an income, be very sick, and have so many responsibilities. The stress level mounts. I know this all too well.

I also saw your posting regarding Vitamin supplements. Below is my belief of the following. Health supplement companies like people to make money of people's fears.

(BTW I believe in eating a balanced diet. My hematologist tested my vitamin levels when I had a second stroke. All my vitamin levels were super high normal. I wasn't even on a multivitamin then. My point is you can get everything your body needs through nutritious food. Extra or high vitamin supplements (Unused) are excreted out. Your body prefers to get its vitamins and minerals naturally.)

This is meant with best wishes in healing.

I was a single mother when recurrent herpes zoster shingles struck me 21 years ago.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank u merry for your reply..prayers for you to heal soon!..yes i went from acyclo to valcyclo...now those arnt doing much for me...i juice daily...that didnt seem to matters....BUT the megafoods tumeric has done wonders..i am still on the valcyclo daily 500 milligrams....which doesnt seem to be doing squart...everyrime i went ro a de. They refused to believe it was shingles..so i must continue on my witch hunt to find somthing ro help...the tumeric supplement is farm to table supplement...it has made the difference in being in bed and outra bed in the last 4 days...i also was a single mother..now i am 52 and do gair for a living...its tough on my back..yes i believe in the diet....but until i get a more solid go of a diet the tumeric has really helped
    • Posted

Merry...update for me.,i was diagnosed with a prinary immunodeficiency, called Hypogammaglobulinemia ...i was born with low white cells ..thus could not fight SHINGLES

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.