I am nearing my cast removal in 4 days.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. I am nearing my cast removal for ORIF surgery on the 31st of july. By that time I have been in the cast 7 weeks. I am both excited and worried. I've had no xrays since it was put on. I hope I'm healed. My concern though are the two screws they put in. It says on my discharge notes they will be removed 8 weeks after the surgery. Do these need yo be removed? Has anyone else had tri maleor surgery and had their screws removed? if so how are you doing? Any pain afterwards? If you didnt have them removed, why? I've done extensive reading, and now I'm rather confused. Thank you for reading. 😊

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.