I am only 52 with oa

Posted , 7 users are following.

i would just like to say that it isn't always older people that get osteoarthritis. I have had it for 10 years and only this week was it confirmed. So I was only 42. So to any youngsters out there keep pestering your Dr. Mine is in my hands and they are looking like a witches hands. I'm sure it's in one of my hips and elbow as well. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Julie There are a number of possible causes but I have discovered a cure for one. The main hormones that control bone health, repair etc are Estrogen in females and estrogen and androgen in males. If because of age or ill health the hormone levels fall then the joints wear and cannot be repaired. If we assume your blood calcium levels are OK then ask your self these questions.

1 Have any of your parents, grandparents or siblings had breast cancer?

2 Any incidence of premature  heart disease(Exclude smokers)

If both questions are OK pester your doc for a low dose of HRT The best being 25-50microgm patches. It will be about 6-8 weeksbefore you see any dramatic improvement. My symptoms occurred same age as you I have been cured for 17 years. I was lucky tto be a medical research biochemist when I developed the treatment. If your doc wants to contact me reply to this and and give  me his email or tel no.

• Posted

Julie get HRT about 25-50 microgm/day patches. The science is well known and it works providing you dont have any condition that would be affectd by HRT. eg Familial breast cancer or premature heart disease(other than smoking). If your doc has doubts get him to email me. In most cases the damage caused by O can be reversed
  • Posted

Hi Julie totally agree i have just been diagnosed with OP in both hips and lower back at the age of 56 ,the thing is i have had a bad back and hip for years ,but got no help from the gp ,in the end the pain got so bad i went to see another GP who sent me for xrays ,and now has been confirmed i have OP.So it looks like i have had this since my mid fourties .   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.