I am scared all day everyday

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had anxtiety all day all night going on a month now. i am scared all day everyday , of what i dont know. is there anyone else that is having this same problem or have had this problem?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can relate to the extream fear, mines like an intense fear of Iminent death or total madness I litterally feel like I loose touch with reality momentarily it's very scary. But mine seems to come from having bizarre scary thoughts about existance/derealisation rather than heart problems.

I also keep off all the meds, if this is anxiety it's very scary and it's bizarre how it affects us in different ways.

• Posted

YES IT IS I DO NOT WISH THIS ON ANYONE EVER!'
    • Posted

I'm 27 year old who only a year ago was really sociable used to use the gym all the time go out alot, ever since my first panic attack last year in the gym I slowly started withdrawing from alot of activities I used to love, even struggling to go to the supermarket and lost a Stone in weight. Try and get it sorted before you let it get to how I've become because it seems alot harder to fight it now. It's like you need to retrain your mind to relax maybe try mindfullness mediation it might sound daft but it's starting to benefit in some ways. Good luck.
    • Posted

thank you and also the therapyst im seeing said that going to they gym and staying active helps alot.
  • Posted

Have you spoken to a doctor?

• Posted

YES I HAVE I AM NOW SEEING A THERAPIST TO DO TREATMENTS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MEDICATION

• Posted

Perfect, that's great! If you need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM!

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

I won't take antidepressants either made me feel terible. I've read alot of success stories so there's definitely a way out. But it's a hellish affliction, I can belive it when the doctors even the theropists tell me it's just anxiety I was convinced I have a brain disease of some sort even thought I was going psychotic sometimes when I feel so detatched it makes me feel like my whole life is a dream ino it sounds insane but the doc's say that's anxiety, hard to believe sadly.Feels scary.
  • Posted

i've had something similar happen to me twice, it pretty much happened when i was under alot of stress, i went back on fluoxitine and that night after taking it i woke around 3am with a scary jolt of fear, then that was it, i was in a constant heightened state of anxiety. lasted a month then had stop the fluoxitine as i was still such a state, got put on citalopram and the got me to calm down. in the first too weeks i also had to take diazepam as for some reason around 7pm i'd start to calm down then in the morning as soon as i'd woke the anxiety would hit me again and i't start hyperventalating. and it would be the same thing every day, go to bed fairly calm considering then wake up hyperventalating. 

i've just recently came off medication for the first time in 3 1/2 years. i think the reaction i had to the prozac was to blame. wish i'd never been prescribed anything. but it was an unbearable experience i had, which is tough as you have no choice but to just deal with it. it helps to know that any weird sensations you have are due to the stress and anxiety. i had a pounding heart a lot of the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.