I am so discouraged!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have tried almost everything to try and get rid of the odor. It first stared as fishy and then an antibiotic prescribed by my Gyno called Tinidazole helped for a few days. Then it came back again... I have not had any new partners since months ago and a few weeks after that is when I found out I had BV. Since then I have not had sex and will not have sex. Obviously having odor it is too embarrassing to do so. I take a probiotic daily and eat live cultured yogurt every day. I use tea tree oil and sea salt mixed with water soaked in a tampon twice a day for 3 hours max. I wear only cotton undies no nylon or spandex, I use aveeno body wash and shave only when absolutely necessary (down there). Every day I have an odor in my house and in the car when I’m driving to or from work.. I have to mask it and keep perfume handy when I go out with friends or go to a family gathering... it has truly taken over my life and I am getting so discouraged... idk how much longer I can take this. I have been to my Gyno probably ten times and she basically told me I have been on every med she thinks would help.. and it still has not gone away. Someone PLEASE let me know a secret you use to mask the odor! 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I know what ur going through that's my main problem is the odor. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I don't know what else to do. I'm so depressed

• Posted

I feel your pain and relate to the depression I've been going through the same thing for a few months and the odor is the worst and horribly embarrassing. But after trying tons of remedies I've found the rephresh gel for vaginal odor works the best to get rid of the smell. The inserts only last 3 days and it's back so it does get pricey at $16 for 4 but if you're like me I'm willing to pay anything just to be more comfortable with myself and it's safe to have sex with as well. You'll notice white chunks if you choose to have sex with it but it also works as a lubricant so that's nice as well. Just let your partner know before hand that the white chunks are nothing to worry about. Kind of gross but way better than the embarrassing smell. And its at least a few days of guaranteed freshness. Then in the meantime continue to research new methods for yourself because the gel doesn't cure bv! Hope this helps a little. 

• Posted

I feel your pain! Oh dear! The sea salt method worked for me along with taking vitamin D tablets! How long did you do the sea salt method for and also how much salt did u put and how much water? Two teaspoons to 100ml of water. 

Also have u tried vaginal probiotics such as canesten?

• Posted

Do u take the tampon out of the applicator when u soak it
    • Posted

No I do not I keep it in the applicator and let it soak in the water for about 20 minutes. I used the correct measurements. 
    • Posted

I take a probiotic for vaginal flora from Earth Fare but I’m thinking about switching to a new one because it doesn’t seem to work. As far as the sea salt goes I am going to keep trying this method for another week and see if it works. 
    • Posted

I use a tampon with an applicator to soak in the solution and use the applicator to help insert! 
  • Posted

The gel that you can buy at the local drugstore takes the smell away for at least 3 days. .there are 4 applications in each box and it costs around 23 dollars in the midwest. Its rather expensive but I dont care because I dont feel self conscious when i use. The name begins with an R and is 7 letters long. I am pretty sure if I mention the name brand a mediator will wipe this post. .its not a cure but it sure helps my confidence.
    • Posted

It works for about a day and then the smell comes back. And that product costs an arm and a leg I just cannot afford it as a normal weekly method. 
    • Posted

The gel is expensive but at least it cuts the odor. I dont care how much costs somedays i just dont want to worry about being embarrassed. I am the only women where I work, I am fairly sure if there is an odor they can figure out what it is. . I would be mortified!
    • Posted

Andrea, I completely understand! I work with all men as well and with family.. some days I am pretty sure they smell it and it is SO embarrassing. I am close to quitting my job and moving back with my parents if this continues I cannot take this anymore! I cannot live with a Foul odor I already hav  anxiety and depression issues I deal with. Now this! It’s horrible I am so beyond frustrated. I have tried everything from antibiotics to home remedies... I just don’t get why there isn’t a cure for his horrible disease. 
  • Posted

When i go to the restroom during my workday I put scented lotion on my upper thighs and on wrists. I do that when I feel like i smell bad in an effort to mask it. The hydrogen peroxide on a tampon didnt stop the odor at all for me nor did douching with apple cider vinegar. .well maybe for that evening. .so thats out. I have used every home remedy and antibiotic and the best results i have had was eating greek yogurt 3 times a day and drinking lemon ginger shots from the health food store. I think the lemon does something good for me down there. I had no discharge at all after a few days of the shots. As soon as i stopped it came back full force . oh and btw the Dr says i dont even have BV. Well i beg to differ. I have been checked for all STD, s and negative on that count. What else could it be?
    • Posted

I was also tested twice for all stds and something else I forgot what it was called.. it was something similar to BV but harder to culture. Anyway negative on everything but positive in the BV. And it will not go away.. I will have to try these lemon shots maybe I can make them myself? Can I use the lemon that is sold in a lemon squeezer? Or does it have to Be from the health food store? I spend so much already on yogurts to eat everyday, healthy foods and The odor eliminating gel. 
    • Posted

I have read posts of women who bought lemons and squeezed in warm water 2x a day and it helped. These are lemon ginger shots. I think it is touted as being cleansing. The ginger is very strong as well as the lemon. That dried up my discharge almost immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.