I am so discouraged!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have tried almost everything to try and get rid of the odor. It first stared as fishy and then an antibiotic prescribed by my Gyno called Tinidazole helped for a few days. Then it came back again... I have not had any new partners since months ago and a few weeks after that is when I found out I had BV. Since then I have not had sex and will not have sex. Obviously having odor it is too embarrassing to do so. I take a probiotic daily and eat live cultured yogurt every day. I use tea tree oil and sea salt mixed with water soaked in a tampon twice a day for 3 hours max. I wear only cotton undies no nylon or spandex, I use aveeno body wash and shave only when absolutely necessary (down there). Every day I have an odor in my house and in the car when I’m driving to or from work.. I have to mask it and keep perfume handy when I go out with friends or go to a family gathering... it has truly taken over my life and I am getting so discouraged... idk how much longer I can take this. I have been to my Gyno probably ten times and she basically told me I have been on every med she thinks would help.. and it still has not gone away. Someone PLEASE let me know a secret you use to mask the odor! 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know you said, you've eaten yogurt. Idk what kind you meant, but I reccomend eating Chobani Greek Yogurt.. it should help with the smell and discharge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.