I am starting a cabbage juice cure to treat my gastritis. Anyone wants to try with me?

Posted , 58 users are following.

Some doctors cured their patients of ulcers in the mid 20th century with cabbage juice. Supposedly they got some relief after 4 days and most of them were cured after 7-10 days.

Here is how to proceed: one has to drink 200 ml of fresh cabbage juice 5 times a day, so every 3 hours. I am going to mix mine with one apple in the morning (if I can take the acidity of the apple), and other vegetables (carrots, spinach, celeri, fennel) the rest of the day to make it more tasty.

4 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ines, I am kind of lost after following your threads, so bear with me. Did the cabbage juice help you or not? What is your ultimate decision on it? What did you decide helped you the most of all you took for your problem? I'm going thru this myself, and your help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Posted

Hi. I have chronic gastritis for a few years back now. I drank cabbage juice for a month, every day at morning and before bed. Now I am saying the cabbage is helping with symptoms but it didn't cure my gastritis. When I drink cabbage also i took ppi daily.The cabbage juice It does help but it does not cure 100% gastritis. There is a lot of natural l glutamine in the cabbage.It takes time and bland diet and anti acids to heal stomach lining. Just be careful with the diet and it will heal in time. Now I am taking l glutamine powder daily we will see if it helps.
    • Posted

Hi flexible pony,

Cabbage juice helped me with the stomach pain but made me feel so lousy overall (weakness, bad breath, gas) that I don't think it is worth it.

I got cured with PPI (dexilant 60 mg) and a bland low-fat gluten-free low-acid diet in which I avoid anything irritating. I describe the diet in another thread called "how I cured my gadtritis".

• Posted

hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.you can blend any and put through a sifter and wallah.

• Posted

Has it cured you? hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.you can blend any and put through a sifter and wallah.

• Posted

I got colonoscopy and endoscopy done and the conclusion was that I have lot of acid... LOL that was my question actually... (Why do I have tummy aches and acidity?) anyway, I have been suffering for the past 4 years but it was OK for some time and came back again. I searched on google and found this home remedy... After having 3/4 glass of cabbage juice I felt I never had any problem!! I took 3/4 of a glass for three days and I did not have any pain what so ever for six months, I thought to get all the tests done when I got mild pain back again.

After all the tests have been done, I will follow what it says in this message board and take cabbage juice for 10 days... 

I get tummy bloating especially when I drink beer or alchohol.

Next test I think about is sonography... my PCP was always confident that I had nothing serious, not even ulcer...

• Posted

Can't recommend the cabbage juice highly enough. I had an ulcer for a year and spent over 10 months taking completely useless prescription antacids, throwing up every morning at 4am and in constant pain, amongst other symptoms. 2 weeks on cabbage juice (3 times a day) and I was healed. Around a year later and the ulcer feeling still crops up in a very mild way from time to time, but I just add cabbage juice to my fruit juices and smoothies for a few days and it goes away again. For the most part I am completely better, when it does crop up now and then it never gets bad or painful, I am just really in tune with my body and can tell something's not quite right in my digestive system. Cabbage juice sorts it out every time. smile Good luck x
    • Posted

Oh just FYI, the other thing that made a big difference for me was Zinc supplements. You need zinc for healing and I think I am generally zinc deficient anyway as my nails are always quite flakey. You can get a special high dose kind in health shops specifically for peptic ulcers but I just took 3-5 a day of the "one a day" kind you get in the chemist and it really helped.
    • Posted

The Ulcer Free book mentioned last year by Innes is actually all about using zinc and in particular zinc carsonine. I have no idea how this differs from ordinary zinc! The book also mentions cabbage juice as an aid for ulcer relief. I tried this but wasnt aware that it can upset ones thyroid if its borderline so had to stop. If you cant swallow zinc capsules you can get it as "dots" which you just suck (4 a day) and they seem to stop burping but dont seem to gix LPR worse luck.
    • Posted

hello, ive been doing research and you can do anything green. try and make sure its organic as the soil matters. there are live organisms on our plants that help our gut. all the pesticides kill these organsims. hope this helps. ive done organic baby spinach in water and got the same effects and its cheaper.you can blend any and put through a sifter and wallah.

• Posted

I will be really interested to hear how you go with this cause I have gastritis too and can't take the meds to treat it, maybe fortunately, forcing me to seek alternatives.

Make sure you use ordinary cabbage, not savoy or fancy cabbage....ordinary is supposed to be okay, savoy is a FODMAP and causes probs for IBS peeps.

By the way, thank you for referring to the Ulcer Free book on another thread...just ordered the zinc-carnosine. I don't have ulcers but the information is very helpful and applicable for IBS.

• Posted

• Posted

Oh yes, left out...all apples are high FODMAP foods so apple in the juice would possibly flare IBS patients and confound your cabbage experiment. Carrot may be safer?
    • Posted

carrots are definitely safer, also because apples can be fairly acidic.
    • Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.