i am suffering from "BLEPHARITIS"

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am suffering from "BLEPHARITIS" for d last 4-5 years. doctor says to me that this infection will never ends but we can only control it. tell me frnds. will my Eyes ever improve from this infection?????

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So far, mine has not improved and I hate it...I look like I am crying all the time, my eyes are red and itchy and I have tried all the remedies to no avail!
    • Posted

I have started cutting open a Vitamin # capsule and putting it on the corners of my eyes during the day and around my eyes at night so the skin doesn't feel so tight around my ehes.  Coconut oil did not seem to help much.

• Posted

i have this as well,it flares and goes,i have no idea where this came from,i think for me , I WANT ANSWERS,LIKE WAS HIS CONTRACTED? WAS THIS CAUSED BY EMOTIONAL STRESS THT TRIGGERED BY IMMUNE SYSTEM? I WISH THEY DIG DEEPER TO FIND A CAUSE
    • Posted

No Susan, it was not contracted.  It just happens..Some people get it, some don't.  My doctor said most people who get it are older.  I got it at 67..I also have dry eye and it can accompany that also..It is not caused by stress.  It is just a disease that happens to some and not to others, just like any other disease...I hate it too, but unfortunately, there is no cure...

• Posted

I am just back from a rather overdue eye test. I was getting worried about my occasionally sore /dry eyes and am actually relieved to find it's blepharitis. My Dad suffered terribly with dry eyes and I'm wondering whether he had blepharitis as well and whether it runs in families.  I'm 66 which bears out what you say.

• Posted

Don't be relieved you have Blepharitis.  It is not curable and it is awful.  My eyes itch, are red all the time, tear terribly (people think I am crying), they hurt a lot, I see blurry and the eye lids are rough and dry and can form crusts.  It is really disgusting..I have tried every home remedy that I have read about to no avail.  There is no cure and it is very frustrating.  Read some of the that people do to try to control it on this Patient Forum.  Good luck!!  I am a woman and it get worse when I wear eye-make-up...UGH!

• Posted

Hi

Reading through some of the descriptions I think I have it milder than some and now that I know what I am dealing with, am hoping to stop it getting worse.

But I thought I was losing my sight so to me it's a better outcome. I had already fast forwarded to not being able to drive.

However, looking back I think it was probably a severe flare up that I had last summer. I actually thought I was getting my first ever attack of hay fever!

Eye make up has been a no no for me as well though at the weekend I managed one evening without making it worse.

• Posted

I still wear eye make-up..I work in an office, so I won't go to work without eye-make up.  It does sound like you have a milder case than I do...I hope it does not get worse for you.

• Posted

Yes, I just wrote a post to you about that Chris.  I ordered it on-line and it arrived today.  I put it on my lids and under my eyes and on my lashes about an hour ago...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.