I am terrified that I have Heart Failure.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please help, with advice or anything,

For the past week, maybe two, I've been having... I'm not sure what to call it. It's breathlessness, probably? I'm not hyperventalating or anything it just feels like breathing is a little harder. It comes in periods, on and off, and usually at night. It is NOT triggered by exersise, it can happen any time. The first night I got it I was so terrified. 

I get panic attacks so the first night i thought it was only a panic attack forming. I did all my breathing exersises and none of them helped for more than 5 minutes. I went to sleep hoping it'd be gone in the morning. It wasn't. It went on a few days then seemed to improve for a few days, then got worse again. 

I've also had a cough for about 3 weeks to a month. Sometimes there is burping too. 

I do have swelling in one ankle, in my left leg where I have had cellulitis and seem to have some other possibly vascular condition. I'm getting that checked out currently with a biopsy. 

I don't have any pain in my chest or any heartburn. Sometimes there is an uncomfortable or tight feeling, but it tends to be lower, like, under my breast, where indigestion would be. I have had GERD before but there is no heartburn this time.

I am 27, f, overweight. I have hypothyroidism and anaemia - specifically folic acid deficiency which I take medication for. My BP is usually around the 110-120 / 60-70 mark. The bottom number is often quite low, once or twice it's been below 60 which furthers my worries. 

I didn't think of CHF until I realised that all these symptoms are signs of Cognetive heart failure. Now I am terrified.

Is this deffinetly cognetive heart failure?

What should I be asking my GP? 

If it is, will i die?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey dear cool down its just your anxiety---and also a result of what you see on google---7 years back i go to gp he done liver function test for it amazed me my lft is 632 normal range is 45---they quickly do hepatites b and c test which is negative they send me for ultrasound where they found i have gall bladder polyp they suggest follow up but i search on google and dr google poop out cancer thats it i start panic every time visit to doc and discuss about my gallbladder in last my physcian got sick and reffer me to surgon surgon try to convince me that we should just follow up bcoz its to small but i say do a surgery and surgon say if u want then ok i do surgery and they send my gall bladder for biopsy where they found that there is no cancer-----------2-------------lets come to the other point 4 and half year ago i have same symptoms like you i can not breathe and once my breathe stop i eat some thing wrong my anxiety starts and have escape heart beat and super breathless i can not closed my mouth if i close it then i feel i was dieing go to different doc request for ecg and ecg done that was clear------ in last 4 and half year i have done 17 heart ecgs,1 holter ecg for 24 hours 2 echo of heart complete body tests 3 time endoscopy colonscopy stool test ultra sounds urine tests chest x rays several times nothing is wrong but still i have the anxiety and requesting for more tests of heart even now i m fine then before no breathless but i feel heavy in my chest and constant burping i request u to stop thinking ur fine but if u really wanna know then don't request for ecg bcoz the duration if an ecg is less than a min or few seconds try to monitor you heart for at least 24 hours holter ecg it will give u enough evidence if there is a problem or not 

• Posted

I'm so sorry unlucky for all that you went through there!

And thank you guys.

I managed to ask for a blood test to check for heart failure because they wouldn't give me an EKG or Xray. I got a letter today, 4 days later, teling me that following that I need to make an appointment to discuss the results.

I naturally freak out and ring up. I can't get an appointment for 2 weeks. I feel like just breaking down because why give someone such a VAGUE letter like this?? Knowing they can't get any answers. 

The receptionist told me it was more to do with changing medications and 'heart failure is unlikely' is on my notes. But my doctors never ask me for an appointment to change medications which i'm all ready on they just send a letter and change my records?

Is 'heart failure is unlikely' different than 'you don't have heart failure'??

What's going on... 

I can't even get any answers til Monday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.