I am worried that I have achalasia

Posted , 7 users are following.

These past few months I have been feeling like food sticking in my chest and in my throat too. It seems like food moving down slowly. On top of it, I am having bowel issues too like I could never complete bowel movements.

I went for barrium swallow and endoscopy. They are cleared. I will go for the ultimate test, manometry but it will take place in Feb 2019. In the meanwhile, I am worried and stressed out thinking what if my condition get worst.

I really am terrified of getting achalasia. I had read numerous stories about achalasia on this forum, and they scared me to death. I am feeling bad for achalasia sufferers. I am wishing them never have to go through esophagostomy.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kim, you stated further down that there is no cure for achalasia. A few months ago I drank some very hot bone broth and it caused a very sharp pain in my LES at the base of the esophagus that didn't go away until I drank some cold water. Right after that every time I ate the food used to get stuck at the same spot where I had the pain and I had to drink about three cups of water that would push it down a little bit with every sip but not completely. It totally changed my life .

I began reading online and I came to the conclusion that I had achalasia which I never had heard of before. I came to the conclusion that I was going to need surgery. Then I read a comment online from someone who gave suggestions to deal with it and one of them was to try lobelia which is a muscle relaxant and the poster mentioned Dr. Schulze nerve formula which has lobelia. I already had it at home and drank it a couple of times with no results. Then, following reflexology, I applied maybe eight drops of the nerve formula in the area of the bottom of both of my feet that correspond to the esophagus.y After the first day I noticed a big improvement. On the third day following the second application on the second day my LES when back to normal. I mean I could eat anything including bread, drink some cold water right after and I could feel the cold water in my stomach in about three seconds. Achalasia totally gone , didn't take the nerve formula for months and still no problem at all with food getting stuck in my LES.

I was reading that the problem is that when the LES muscles do not relax it stays in a closed position. Lobelia is a muscle relaxant and apparently in my case it worked. But it worked only when I applied it to the bottom of my feet as I said above. It was a very cheap, incredibly fast, absolutely safe, and amazingly effective. To be honest I wasn't sure if it would work but decided to try since I had nothing to lose and was getting desperate. Now, this was just me and never heard of any other experience like it.

• Posted

It is good news that you had a good result.

For many people, achalasia involves the lower oesophageal sphincter being clamped shut, so anything that releases that tension will have a good effect. For most, the issue is not the muscles in the oesophagus themselves, but the nerve endings that send the signal to the brain to operate the peristalsis function ie the coordinated contraction of muscles that propels the food down into the stomach.So sometimes having an impact on the nerve endings might be helpful.

I had not heard of lobelia in this context before. I am sure that many people will be desperate and willing to try anything, so it is a helpful hint.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.