i.b.s caused by spasms and stress.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Whenever we do coach holidays i always end up with  needing the loo .What can i take to calm my stomach.Ive even got off just up the road from the hotel  on a dayout and legged it back to the hotel just making it. I dont do the excurtions anymore so that i can take my time before venturing out.Sometimes immodium can make it worse and end up having to take two or three and then being bunged up for three days.

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank  for such a wonderful message i know about the librax i didnot use it now i use it for 20 days before as i have good sleep at night time,my problem is that i have terrible anxiety before even till now but now little bit fine i use alot of medicine for that and change lot of doctors my stool before is fine but i used famotodine 80 mg a day with out doctor prescription and it help alot in my anxiety but beside that i quite spicy foods for a month or 2--then suddenly i start again to much spicy foodby which i have green stool and clear water on the stool---i was afraid and run to the doctor i pass the stool like green and drak colour for 2 to 4 days then i take imodium by which my stool colour is fine and i also go to gastro doctor he said there is no thing to worry because i have clear stool test liver functions tests,typhoid test and as well as clear ultra sound tyrod test is clear but doctor run for me cbc test and typhoid test again which come back normal he say i have ibs problem he give me charcoal tablets and lansoprazole i take that for 3 months but didnot quite spicy food so it didnot work for me----before coming to japan i visit to another gastro doctor he say its fine if u don,t have blood in stool which i don,t have he give me colofac i use it for 6 months i didnot say it didnot help me to much it help before i pass stool 4 to 5 times a day though not loose but soft stool now i pass once a day or 2  time a day----the main problem for me is that i burp alot and feel heavy in my chest and some food will change the colour of my stool my wife and other eople say what u eat your stool colour will be the same don,t know but now if i didnot eat spicy food my stool will be fine if i eat spicy then i have loose stool----i discuss here in japan with a doctor near to my home he has small clinici discuss that with him he said i have acid reflux problem and also he say that if i have serious problem he wil lreffer me to the big hospital but he say i have not a serious problem any ways i insist him for endoscopy and colonscopy he say ok if you want ist we do endoscopy then after that i think if u need colonscopy or not---on jun 18 i have endoscopy-----hope  every thing will become fine one year ago when i have problem i donate blood 2 times before donating blood i have almost all of the tests done which is normal hope we all will become fine soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.