I can.t eat or feel sick all the time

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I suffer with chronic pancreaitis since 2007 I have really bad anxiety and depression with it, my conditions were all caused by drinking way to much alcohol. I haven't had a single drop of alcohol for 2 years yet Iv'e been admitted in hospital 4 times in them 2 years for my chronic pancreaitis. I live in the UK and I see a proffessor who deals with chronic pancreaitis once a year where I have a CT scan with contrast to see how my pancreas is, so far it seems to be holding its own but recently I am becoming more nausea everyday and vomiting everyday and its stopping me from eating. If i eat a small amount of any kind of food I'm instantly bloated all the time, I do smoke but I just haven't got it in me to stop smoking like the way I stopped alcohol because Iv'e been an alcoholic since 1994. I take medication everyday, propanolol for anxiety, omezarapole for acid in the stomach, vitamin b compound, and I also take tramadol 50mg when required because of my chronic pancreaitis pains I get everyday. At night i take pitozifen for my migraines and i take mirtazapine 30mg for my depression, I do really worry about my health and recently for the last month Iv'e been constantly vomiting everyday, I'm not eating as the smallest amount of food makes me feel bloated and gives me heartburn, but most of all I just haven't got no energy at all. Can someone help please as Iv'e asked my doctor for all kinds of things but he just says its due to your chronic pancreaitis, the last four weeks my days consist of coffee and smoking and so on, I can't eat and I'm feeling sick all of the time, I would appreciate some kind words please.

thanks ste

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello,I'm sorry life is so tough for you at present. Have you tried E cigarettes,just a thought.you must be a strong person to have successfully stopped drinking.I don't have answers just suggestions.Aloe Vera juice and licorice juice sticks,both help pancreas digest better.also ask gp for something for the sickness and little but often small amounts food,low fat and no alcohol.I sure hope things improve.

• Posted

thanks cathy, Iv'e tried everything when it comes to giving up smoking but just haven't got the willpower. My brother got me some over the couter anti sickness tablets today and so far so good but I still don't feel hungry, Iv'e been to see a dietician in the past and he suggested loads of things to change my diet but I just simply can't afford to buy them, I'm on long term ESA and been turned down for DLA otherwise known now by PIP. Can I ask in your opinion whether my nausea problems are due to my chronic pancreatitis please.

kind regards

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear of your health problems; I really feel for you,

Try again to give up the cigarettes. or change to 'e cigarettes' which have got rid of the tar which goes to your lungs, you would gain more oxygen and start to feel a little better. make the decision to live each day, choose to live. Ask the doctor for help, may be he could give you something to help stop smoking, There must be some therapy to help you get better. Cathy has some good ideas,

Thinking of you,

Blessings,

Lesley

• Posted

Is had problems for about two years.have cysts in pancreas and get lots pain,swelling enourous tummy,vomiting and nausea,as well as fatigue. Through this site I got ideas and peoples tips and put them into place.my rules are 1. Very low fat, no more than 5% in any 100g of ingrediance

2.no alcohol

3,exercise

4.All very juice every morning 20-30 mls( cists £7 a bottle but lasts 2 months)

Buscopan,merbeverine,cyclazine for sickness,

6, lots water

7,relaxation,meditation,faith,

Its a hard illness to have.but these changes have helped me big time,I really hope they help you.

Cathy

• Posted

Hi cathy, so good to hear all the hints and tips, I hope they help stephen;  I feel for you both...my son has pancreatic cancer, and is doing the diet thing, and prayers for healing. relaxation and meditation.

There are some good books by a Dr Bernie Siegel for positive stories although your complaint is slightly different, but it would still help as he uses visualization and encourages faith. I suppose I just like reading stories of people beating chronic illnesses.

Blessings,

Lesley

• Posted

I'm making appointment at my doctors in the morning and asking for help with quitting smoking and also my diet and I will mention them sickness tablets.

Thanks Cathy

• Posted

Hi Lesley,

I love to read,pray and meditate.illness is draining and can make even the strongest person low at times.I'm sorry to hear about your son.I hope he has a faith as well.my complaint is different to your sons,I have 3 non cancerous lesions in my pancreas,they irritate pancreas and I get pain,bloating ,fatigue and sickness.but with diet,exercise,aloe very and medication I'm controlling things much better. Thanks for your words encouragement.

Cathy

• Posted

...thank you so much Cathy, yes he has faith and is attending a good church when he is well enough; the chemo' treatment is very hard, he had some yesterday, just praying it doesn't affect his body too much. His liver was affected last time and he had a week off treatment.

Blessings,

Lesley

• Posted

Hate spell checker,it changes things and I didn't check it first. Alo vera juice.is what I meant.sorry for confusion.

Cathy

• Posted

hi cathy,

I guessed, sounds so good, keep up the good work! some good tips there.

Blessings,

Lesley

• Posted

Hello Stephen – I am so sorry that you’re suffering the way you are.  I’m from the US and my husband has CP.  He does NOT follow any of the things he should to take care of his CP.  He still drinks, smokes, and eats almost anything he wants.  For a long time he was vomiting almost every time he ate.  He was miserable, but not curled up in pain like an acute attack.  At the time, he wasn’t on any meds.

Back in August 2014 his doctor put him on Zenpep and it has been a miracle for him.  He continues his bad habits, yet rarely vomits anymore.  You may want to ask your doctor about it.

As far as the smoking goes, I smoked for 15 years – about a pack a day.  I went to an acupuncturist to quit.  I didn’t even want to quit – I did it because it was getting too expensive.  I have zero…I mean ZERO willpower, and the acupuncture worked like a charm!  I’ve been smoke-free for almost 13 years now, and that’s while living with a smoker.  It was like turning a light switch off.  I can’t explain it, but it worked a miracle on me…maybe it would on you as well.

Good luck to you!

• Posted

I have no idea if it’s available in the UK.  Here’s what his bottle says:  Zenpep (pancrelipase) Delayed-Release Capsules.  Lipase 25,000 USP units, Protease 85,000 USP units, and Amylase 136,000 USP units.  Aptalis Pharma US, Inc.  USA/920927. 

That’s all I can see because the Rx label is covering the rest.  I hope it’s enough for your doctor and/or you to research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.