I can.t eat or feel sick all the time

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I suffer with chronic pancreaitis since 2007 I have really bad anxiety and depression with it, my conditions were all caused by drinking way to much alcohol. I haven't had a single drop of alcohol for 2 years yet Iv'e been admitted in hospital 4 times in them 2 years for my chronic pancreaitis. I live in the UK and I see a proffessor who deals with chronic pancreaitis once a year where I have a CT scan with contrast to see how my pancreas is, so far it seems to be holding its own but recently I am becoming more nausea everyday and vomiting everyday and its stopping me from eating. If i eat a small amount of any kind of food I'm instantly bloated all the time, I do smoke but I just haven't got it in me to stop smoking like the way I stopped alcohol because Iv'e been an alcoholic since 1994. I take medication everyday, propanolol for anxiety, omezarapole for acid in the stomach, vitamin b compound, and I also take tramadol 50mg when required because of my chronic pancreaitis pains I get everyday. At night i take pitozifen for my migraines and i take mirtazapine 30mg for my depression, I do really worry about my health and recently for the last month Iv'e been constantly vomiting everyday, I'm not eating as the smallest amount of food makes me feel bloated and gives me heartburn, but most of all I just haven't got no energy at all. Can someone help please as Iv'e asked my doctor for all kinds of things but he just says its due to your chronic pancreaitis, the last four weeks my days consist of coffee and smoking and so on, I can't eat and I'm feeling sick all of the time, I would appreciate some kind words please.

thanks ste

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope and praying appointment with Dr brings new hope and symptom control.please DO tell us who you got on.

Cathy

• Posted

hi everyone, went to my GPs and he checked me over and he has precribed me with Prochlorperazine 5mg tablets, one at night and one in the morning so I will see how I get on with the nausea and see if I can eat again. Once again thanks for everyone's help and advice it really is much appreciated.

ste

• Posted

Great news.got this advice given to me and it makes all the difference when taking anti sickness tablets.

Sit upright, swallow tablet (anti sickness ones ) with the smallest amount fluid you can manage.

Sit upright for at least 20 mins 30 mins if you can do it is better.read a book,newspaper,blog etc,but keep upright.

Do not take any other medication till you've done this,it gives the antisuckness tablet time to work,to settle your tummy before you put anything else in it.

Made a huge difference to me and lots of others,who do this,do try it.

Keep us updated .

Keep going.regards cathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.