I can't sleep

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am trying to sleep but I cant.I close my eyes and my mind just blows away.It is like I am going crazy and that's scared me too much.I don't know what to do,so tired of this situation. Anybody feeling this way?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

About two months ago I was hit with the worst anxiety/panic I've ever had. I suffered from insomnia and I couldn't eat either. After a few weeks I went to my doctor and asked to be put back on antidepressants and slowly things have improved. I'm able to eat and get five or six hours of sleep. Anxiety is terrible!
    • Posted

Is the most terrible thing ever cause you can't do anything and you just try to be normal and don't know if you will be normal again.people don't understand you they say it is all in your mind and that you can help yourself but it is not that easy.I am afraid of Meds of their side effects but I think I need them.feel this way since August and I am desperate
    • Posted

I was afraid of meds too. I took them about three years ago and they helped me so much but I quit taking them when I felt better. This time my anxiety is worse than it was then and I didn't wait so long to ask for help. The first few weeks are hard on antidepressants but they slowly help me feel so much better! This time I'm not going to be in such a hurry to get off them!
    • Posted

Thanks for replying and supporting. That means a lot to me.Hearing people that have gone through these and have been normal again gives me faith.I hope this situation goes away as soon.I just want to be norma,to be the girl that was so strong and helathy,so funny and to do the things I have worked hard through my whole life.it is long since I haven't laughed ,I don't know these feeling anymore.
  • Posted

do not try to sleep, try to relax

• Posted

I am.trying but I can't even relax.i am afraid of going mad .I am alone at home right now and that frightened me
    • Posted

its ok ive been where u are if u can watch cartooons a funny movie take a hot shower drink some chamomile tea those things help me💜 anxiety is horrible but just tell yourself its only a feeling
    • Posted

Thanks for answering and supporting. That means a lot to me. People don't understand you and tell you that everything depends on yoour but it is not easy.I just want to be normal again.I used to be so strong and to fight for everything in my life but this anxiety is too much for me.I have even forgotten how to smile
    • Posted

yeah exactly! i go to sleep around 1 and always wake up at 4 am its annoying ive been feeling out of it too but i think my anti depressants are helping but my mind races and i start thinking great im gonna lose it and go crazy sad anxiety is horrible
    • Posted

That's my biggest fear too, and O have now slept on my sofa for 2 months, O just pit on my favorite programmes lay down and without realizing ibfall a sleep. Its extremely scary feeling I know exactly how you feel, it's like you start thinking extreme thoughts and then wonder why your thinking them and you feel a wave of panick like heat rising in your chest, am I right?
    • Posted

Yes and I am.afriad of dying like my heart is going to stop or like I have sth wrong and I will die.sometimes I am.afriad. to sleep
  • Posted

I know what you mean, its a constant war in my mind and my body. Its horrible. It makes my life feel useless and like where will my life goes too. It crushes my hopes and my dreams. I hate it. I am so tired of it, it may of not been too long but its already had affects of me. How long has this been going on for you ? and what is it about?, sorry to be nosy
    • Posted

I am going through this situation since August.I lost my father in June and I was dealing with it but In August I have the first panic atack.I went 3 or 4 times a day to emergency room.My doctor prescribe me some Meds but I was afraid of their.side effects and at first they made me.feel worse.as he prescribed me Zoloft.I took it off ,I moved to another country just to be away from.home and he thinks that reminds me myour father and I am studying here,that helped me but now on vacation my anxiety returned. I can't sleep I am.afraid of dying.I feel like I am.going crazy.I have headaches I can't concentrate. I am so tired of this.I know it depends from our thoughts but is not easy. It is like he'll on earth. But try to go out with friends and family,don't stay home .Just think that nothing bad will happen.that works but you should always think that way positive.That helped me a lot but know I feel so alone and my anxiety is back again
    • Posted

Sorry about your father. That should not happen to anyone, I wish anyway. I know its not easy, much easier said then done. Thoughts are bigger then anything, but they are just thoughts, thoughts that we will one day get rid off. I really do recommend distracting yourself, maybe start a new hobbie up, go to night school, you need to get youself distracted from your thoughts. However the best way to recover is always going to see a therpist as they are very helpful and know what to do. Also always make sure you have people around. If you dont it will be harder. Also keep telling yourself everything postive you can think off and dont draw much attention to the bad thoughts as this will feed it. It may be hard but one day it will go and you will one day be happy again, Dont give up
    • Posted

i know how you feel i lost my mom 3 years ago but weirdly just started getting bad depression _ anxiety iguess since i stopped taking my old depression pills it hit me hard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.