I can't sleep

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am trying to sleep but I cant.I close my eyes and my mind just blows away.It is like I am going crazy and that's scared me too much.I don't know what to do,so tired of this situation. Anybody feeling this way?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi to you all, I am truly sorry that you all feel as you do.....I can really really sympathize...many yrs ago, I was the same..at one point I became agoraphobic for a very long time....in the end I went to my GP...who prescribed. Tranquilizers for me...after a long while I was ok again....then many yrs later I was the same again. But this time I could not eat. Sleep or function....I had four young children. So it almost made me suicidal...I saw a psychiatrist who prescribed tranquilizers again....the third time...I went on antidepressants ...sertraline......excellent for me. I have now been on it for many. Many yrs....try to think to YOURSELF..this cannot hurt me...anxiety is incapable of harming me...and then just let the panic subside...I also used to go through the alphabet.....each letter..I would think of four girls names...and four boys names...by the time I reached.K...I always felt a lot...lot...lot better....it will improve lovey, but please, please see your GP...and open up to your close friends and of course your family......bless you, you will get there lovey....big. warm and sincere hugs to you.....Dee xxx
    • Posted

i am on sertraline too tomorrow is my 2nd week on it i cant tell if i see improvement yet im not really depressed anymore just anxious and have derealization and brain fog which freaks me out ;(
    • Posted

I have downloaded an app for relaxation that might help you. Check out the app store for your phone. Also, know that you are not alone. There are many of us. Hang in there! Antidepressants help. Just takes time. Therapy might be beneficial too. Anxiety is not fatal. Feels like it sometimes though!
    • Posted

thank you so much i will look for a relaxation app smile it is very scary i hate it so much;(
    • Posted

Bless you lovey...you will get there...you have a wonderful life ahead of you....just take it in small steps...every day...if you have a bad day....just think...tomorrow is a new day again.....happy New year lovey...big..big..big warm hugs to you...Deirdre xxxx
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the support and answering. YOU don't know how much this means to me.This forum has helped me a lot, because I know I am not alone in this challenge.I was on Zoloft only for 10 days and I took.it off because I was feeling miserable. I am having an appointment on Monday with a doctor,I hope it helps but it I am still afraid of Meds.

BIG HUGS TO YOU AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR 😚😚😚😚😚😚😚

• Posted

yeah today is my 2nd week on sertraline aka zoloft and the side effects at first are bad but it feels like its getting better
    • Posted

My first three weeks were hard the first ten days were awful! I couldn't sleep, eat or sit still my already bad anxiety doubled! After four weeks now I'm feeling quite a bit better!
    • Posted

Yes, and I still do but it is getting less, yesterday I felt almost normal all day!
    • Posted

The same thing told a friend of mine.She took Zoloft for one year and decreased it little by little and now she is fine.but I could not handle it and I was to afraid of the side effects .Good luck and hope you get better soon 😚😚😚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.