I cannot sit comfortable it feels pain (Inguinal hernia)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I cannot sit comfortable in chair, and nor in bed comfortable. I also have a lot of gas especially when in bed and i hear a lot of sounds

The doctors didn't gave me any instructions at all except from not picking weight, and eat everything. Which i don't eat everything...

My penis also got swollen a bit , i also felt some numbness in my hands.

I am out of hospital since yesterday. They only kept me for like operation was 13:00pm till next day 13:00pm i cannot even walk properly back hurts because i lean forward i cannot pull it up because it hurts my hernia area.

it's only been 2 days,medications feels doin nothing...

is it normal?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, yes it is quite normal to feel terrible the first few days. I guess everyone is different though but I was in quite considerable discomfort. It does get easier within the next few days though. Have a read back though some threads for peoples experiences. We had a discussion recently which you can probably find via my profile and my recent posts. At this stage if it hurts don't do it, and that includes walking unless it's bathroom visits or something very short.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

• Posted

thanks , by walking you mean properly? Because if i try to bend my tailbone straight i can only walk without pain if i keep my upper body curved... But then with the incorrect position it caused me lower back pain.

So should i try with correct posture even if it hurts?

• Posted

and also what meditation did you used to take? They gave me zinadol and lonarid N
  • Posted

Yes, this is all normal. The swelling too. Took mine some two weeks to start to reduce the swelling all though I did have complications from infection. 

Now some 8 weeks later each day improves. The first two weeks were the worst and all you describe sounds about right. The surgeons are a bit gun hoo in their attitude. Mine said you can’t be in pain, I do thousands of these.  

Keep taking small steps and try to walk a little further each day DONT pick up anything heavy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.